See JetBlue’s First A321neo, Named for Founder David Neeleman
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
JetBlue Airways has rolled out its first Airbus A321neo as it prepares to put the aircraft into service next month.
The A321neo, registration N2002J, is dedicated to the New York-based carrier’s founder David Neeleman. He founded the airline in the late 1990s, filling a gap in the market by offering customer pleasing amenities from New York John F. Kennedy airport.
“The onboard experience is inspired by the same ideas and values that were important to David and our founders when they first made seatback TV and customer comfort a priority,” said JetBlue in a blog post on the roll out Friday. “Now, it’s fully updated for the next 20 years with the latest inflight entertainment technology, connectivity on every flight, incredible space and seat comfort, and a gorgeous cabin design.”
JetBlue’s A321neo is outfitted with 200 Even More Space and economy seats, the same number as on its fleet of core A321s. The airline’s premium Mint A321s have 159 seats.
The carrier will introduce the A321neo on flights in September, it said in the post. It did not provide details of when or to where.
Earlier in August, JetBlue loaded the A321neo on flights between its JFK base and Fort Lauderdale (FLL) — fittingly one of its first routes — beginning Sept. 24. The airline has yet to confirm if that will be the first scheduled flight for the aircraft.
JetBlue has confirmed that the aircraft will be used to add nonstop service to Guayaquil (GYE) in Ecuador from JFK on Dec. 5.
The carrier will take delivery of six A321neos this year, after being forced to postpone seven aircraft to 2020 and later due to Airbus production issues.
Featured image courtesy of JetBlue.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees