First Look at Delta’s Airbus A330-900neo Interior
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Although the actual inaugural flight of Delta’s Airbus A330-900neo had been slated for July 15, the carrier’s first revenue flight on the jet came earlier than expected. It departed Wednesday for Shanghai, and the jet is now officially in service for Delta. I’ll be aboard for the festivities next week, but in the interim Delta has published a gallery of photos showcasing its latest jet.
Delta is the first North American carrier to operate this particular bird, with a total of 35 on order. Within, you’ll find the following.
- 29 Delta One Suites: Each suite features a fully flat-bed seat with direct aisle access, along with a full-height door at every suite for enhanced privacy
- 28 Delta Premium Select seats: According to Delta, these seats offer up to 38″ of pitch, seat width of 18.5″, up to 7″ of recline, adjustable leg and head rests and water bottle stowage.
- 56 Delta Comfort+ seats: These seats offer 34″ of pitch, up to 5″ of recline, dedicated overhead bin space and placement just in front of the Main Cabin.
- 168 Main Cabin seats: Here, you’ll find 33″ of pitch and up to 4″ of recline.
The aircraft is the first Delta widebody to feature the new wireless IFE system developed by Delta Flight Products, the airline’s wholly owned cabin interior subsidiary. It is equipped with high-speed Gogo 2Ku internet connectivity and passengers will have access to free mobile messaging while on board through iMessage, WhatsApp and Facebook Messenger.
Front to back, those who book a flight on an A339 will be treated to memory foam cushions, in-seat power ports, full-spectrum LED ambient lighting and enlarged overhead bins.
Beginning in November, economy passengers will also gain access to the airline’s bistro-style meal experience.
Initially, the A339 will operate from Seattle to Shanghai, Seoul-Incheon and Tokyo-Narita, so you’ll need to fly to Delta’s hub in the Pacific Northwest to catch a ride.
Featured image courtesy of Delta Air Lines.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees