Even World Cup-Winning Soccer Players Feel the Same Way About Flying Economy As You Do
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
World Cup-winning soccer players: They’re just like us! No, seriously.
Ashlyn Harris, goalkeeper on the US women’s national soccer team — yes, the one that just won the World Cup! — flew United Airlines in economy earlier today and by the looks of her hilarious Instagram story, was none too pleased about it.
Yeah, this is definitely not where we left our lie-flat Polaris seat.
She even gave us a video glimpse inside her flight and… well, well, well. Would you look at what we have here? No outlets and no in-flight entertainment system. The latter of which, of course, is presented as a perk and a “private viewing system.” Ah, semantics.
What’s easier: Finding a power outlet in economy or winning the World Cup? You decide.
We do have some good news, though: this doesn’t have to be you. No matter which airline you’re flying in the near future, wet, maybe just use your points to fly business or first class. You’ll probably get a better kick out of that.
Featured photo by VI Images/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.