There’s a new Escape Lounge opening in Cincinnati
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
There’s a new airport lounge you can visit if you have The Platinum Card® from American Express or The Business Platinum Card® from American Express. The new Escape Lounge in Cincinnati will begin operations on Oct. 1, 2019, according to LoungeBuddy.
We reached out to Escape Lounges to confirm this date, but haven’t yet heard back.
The Amex Platinum cards continue to increase in value, albeit incrementally. Amex Platinum cards come with the most comprehensive airport lounge access. If you find the following lounges along your travels, these cards will serve you well:
- American Express Centurion Lounges
- Delta Sky Club Lounges
- Priority Pass Select Lounges
- Escape Lounges
- Airspace Lounges
- Plaza Premium Lounges
- International American Express Lounges
- Lufthansa Lounges
That’s well over 1,300 accessible lounges, with a significantly higher number of domestic lounges than any other card. There are some quirks and important rules you should be familiar with. For example, you can only access Delta Sky Club lounges when you’ve got a same-day Delta-operated or marketed flight.
The Cincinnati (CVG) airport also has a Delta SkyClub; Cincinnati airport is on the smaller side, but it’s also a Delta focus city so you may find yourself passing through it more often than you might realize. It also has another, but tiny, lounge, The Club at CVG, which offers light snacks and a very small selection of alcohol.
Escape Lounges boast that each lounge’s cuisine is developed by an award-winning local chef with locally sourced ingredients when possible. The lounge has the following amenities:
The lounge is located in Concourse B (inside security), next to Gate B21.
Similar to other U.S. Escape Lounges, anyone without an Amex Platinum card will pay between $40 and $45, depending on when you buy your admission.
One big downfall is that there are no restrooms inside the lounge.
Amex Platinum cardholders also have the ability to bring two guests into the lounge for free, so that’s a potential savings of $135 per visit. To enter, show your Platinum Card, a government-issued ID and confirmed same-day boarding pass. Escape Lounges also claim that a smart casual dress code is enforced.
This story has been edited to add that the Cincinnati airport has a Delta SkyClub.
Featured photo by Katie Genter/The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.