There’s a new Escape Lounge opening in Cincinnati
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
There’s a new airport lounge you can visit if you have The Platinum Card® from American Express or The Business Platinum Card® from American Express. The new Escape Lounge in Cincinnati will begin operations on Oct. 1, 2019, according to LoungeBuddy.
We reached out to Escape Lounges to confirm this date, but haven’t yet heard back.
The Amex Platinum cards continue to increase in value, albeit incrementally. Amex Platinum cards come with the most comprehensive airport lounge access. If you find the following lounges along your travels, these cards will serve you well:
- American Express Centurion Lounges
- Delta Sky Club Lounges
- Priority Pass Select Lounges
- Escape Lounges
- Airspace Lounges
- Plaza Premium Lounges
- International American Express Lounges
- Lufthansa Lounges
That’s well over 1,300 accessible lounges, with a significantly higher number of domestic lounges than any other card. There are some quirks and important rules you should be familiar with. For example, you can only access Delta Sky Club lounges when you’ve got a same-day Delta-operated or marketed flight.
The Cincinnati (CVG) airport also has a Delta SkyClub; Cincinnati airport is on the smaller side, but it’s also a Delta focus city so you may find yourself passing through it more often than you might realize. It also has another, but tiny, lounge, The Club at CVG, which offers light snacks and a very small selection of alcohol.
Escape Lounges boast that each lounge’s cuisine is developed by an award-winning local chef with locally sourced ingredients when possible. The lounge has the following amenities:
The lounge is located in Concourse B (inside security), next to Gate B21.
Similar to other U.S. Escape Lounges, anyone without an Amex Platinum card will pay between $40 and $45, depending on when you buy your admission.
One big downfall is that there are no restrooms inside the lounge.
Amex Platinum cardholders also have the ability to bring two guests into the lounge for free, so that’s a potential savings of $135 per visit. To enter, show your Platinum Card, a government-issued ID and confirmed same-day boarding pass. Escape Lounges also claim that a smart casual dress code is enforced.
This story has been edited to add that the Cincinnati airport has a Delta SkyClub.
Featured photo by Katie Genter/The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees