Equinox Fitness Is Officially Getting Into Travel With Day Trips
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Equinox, the New York-based company that operates several boutique fitness brands including SoulCycle, PURE Yoga and the namesake Equinox gym network, is “making moves” and taking its first steps into the travel space.
In 2015, the company revealed its plans to launch a luxury hospitality company with the first-ever Equinox-branded hotel in New York City (it’s expected to debut sometime in 2019). And on Wednesday, the wellness behemoth announced a series of exclusive day trips designed to get New Yorkers out of the gym and, well, outside.
According to an email to members, “day trips with Equinox” are “the most high-performance way to experience … local destinations.” Like the forthcoming hotel, Equinox day trips are focused first on the brand’s hometown, New York City.
The first excursion, scheduled for Saturday, Sept. 15, takes runners off the treadmill and to Minnewaska State Park Preserve for seven miles of trail running. That same weekend, fitness fiends looking for a more meditative experience can join an Equinox instructor at the Mohonk Preserve’s Slingerland Pavilion on Sunday for a custom yoga workshop and short hike. Later in the month, Saturday, Sept. 29, the Equinox day trip will feature a 12-mile hike to the summit of Storm King Mountain, in the Hudson Highlands.
All the trips depart bright and early from Manhattan’s Upper West Side at 7:30am and return early in the evening that same day.
Though the trips are discounted for members ($425), non-members are also invited to participate for $50 more. Equinox day trips include a nutritious lunch, expert fitness coaches and wilderness guides, a so-called hydration station and round-trip transportation from the EQX Sports Club on Columbus Avenue, as well as entry to the club. (That’s a perk even for most members, as this location isn’t included with a pricey all-access membership.)
It remains to be seen whether Equinox day trips will be extended throughout the year, or if the company will expand its day trip offerings beyond New York City. At this time, Equinox has not responded to TPG’s request for a comment. Travelers can book a spot on an Equinox outing at Equinoxdaytrips.com.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees