This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Equinox, the New York-based company that operates several boutique fitness brands including SoulCycle, PURE Yoga and the namesake Equinox gym network, is “making moves” and taking its first steps into the travel space.
In 2015, the company revealed its plans to launch a luxury hospitality company with the first-ever Equinox-branded hotel in New York City (it’s expected to debut sometime in 2019). And on Wednesday, the wellness behemoth announced a series of exclusive day trips designed to get New Yorkers out of the gym and, well, outside.
According to an email to members, “day trips with Equinox” are “the most high-performance way to experience … local destinations.” Like the forthcoming hotel, Equinox day trips are focused first on the brand’s hometown, New York City.
The first excursion, scheduled for Saturday, Sept. 15, takes runners off the treadmill and to Minnewaska State Park Preserve for seven miles of trail running. That same weekend, fitness fiends looking for a more meditative experience can join an Equinox instructor at the Mohonk Preserve’s Slingerland Pavilion on Sunday for a custom yoga workshop and short hike. Later in the month, Saturday, Sept. 29, the Equinox day trip will feature a 12-mile hike to the summit of Storm King Mountain, in the Hudson Highlands.
All the trips depart bright and early from Manhattan’s Upper West Side at 7:30am and return early in the evening that same day.
Though the trips are discounted for members ($425), non-members are also invited to participate for $50 more. Equinox day trips include a nutritious lunch, expert fitness coaches and wilderness guides, a so-called hydration station and round-trip transportation from the EQX Sports Club on Columbus Avenue, as well as entry to the club. (That’s a perk even for most members, as this location isn’t included with a pricey all-access membership.)
It remains to be seen whether Equinox day trips will be extended throughout the year, or if the company will expand its day trip offerings beyond New York City. At this time, Equinox has not responded to TPG’s request for a comment. Travelers can book a spot on an Equinox outing at Equinoxdaytrips.com.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards