Emirates introduces plant-based menu options for ‘Veganuary’ campaign
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Emirates is helping those saying goodbye to meat-based products this month by offering additional plant-based menu options on its on board menus.
To celebrate “Veganuary,” the campaign encouraging people to go vegan for the month of January, the Dubai-based airline is offering extended vegan options as mainstays on the menu. Typically, passengers are required to pre-book their vegan meal.
The vegan options are available to all business- and first-class passengers on flights to and from Europe, Australia, South Africa, the U.S. and Addis Ababa. Passengers in other classes and on other routes can continue to request vegan meals in advance. However, economy passengers on flights to Addis Ababa will get a vegan option on the menu for January.
In addition to the more than 170 vegan recipes Emirates has, new items on the menu this month include:
- Tofu jalfrezi — a spiced tofu and vegetable stir fry served with steamed wild rice and tandoori broccolini;
- Shitake ravioli — served with coriander pesto and edamame
- Ancho three-bean chilli — a spiced vegan stew of peppers and beans served with corn cakes, chimichurri and tofu aioli
- Shitake fried rice — served with sautéed asparagus and oyster mushrooms and Marmite sauce
- Misir Wat — an Ethiopian-style spicy red lentil stew, served with sautéed spinach and spiced potatoes and carrots.
First- and business-class passengers should be accustomed to multiple main course meal options — with one option typically being vegetarian. With this, Emirates is taking this one step further with one meal being completely vegan. This means that anyone on a plant-based diet this month does not need to order a special meal in advance and instead can decide on board whether they want a vegan meal or a meat-based meal. The airline will continue to also offer meat-based products during the month of January.
Featured photo courtesy of Emirates.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees