Emirates will use existing A380 business-class product on upcoming Boeing 777X
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Emirates’ president Sir Tim Clark has shared in a podcast that its upcoming Boeing 777X aircraft will be fitted with basically the same business-class product that it features on its fleet of Airbus A380 aircraft.
The hard product on the upcoming 777X will sport a 1-2-1 configuration, which means every passenger will have direct aisle access, and should feature signature Emirates touches like the at-seat minibar and expansive IFE system controlled by a large tablet at the seat.
While it’s an improvement on the carrier’s current 777 biz class, which is either in an outdated 2-3-2 or a slightly better 2-2-2 configuration, it likely won’t be a world-beating seat like Qatar’s Qsuite, which features fully-enclosed suites for every business-class passenger.
Clark went on to disclose that the aircraft will not have onboard showers or a full bar like the A380, but it will have a “comfort area” that can be utilized by business- and first-class passengers.
Speaking of first class, the aircraft will be delivered with the airline’s latest first-class suites, which are certainly in the running for being the world’s best.
Finally, Clark revealed that the airline’s premium economy product may now debut on the A380 sometime in 2020 rather than the 777X, as the delivery of these new aircraft will likely be pushed into 2021. He didn’t divulge any specifics about the product itself, though.
The Dubai-based carrier currently has the largest order for Boeing’s newest wide-body aircraft, though its production has been facing delays due to issues with the plane’s engines.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees