How to Use Emirates Skywards Miles for Luxury Baseball and Soccer Tickets
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Emirates Skywards recently became a Chase transfer partner, but the program in general isn’t too exciting because of the astronomical fuel surcharges it adds to award tickets. It does make luxury cabins like Emirates first and business class affordable to some. However, there are better programs for booking premium cabins to the Middle East, like using American Airlines miles to book Etihad flights.
Just like any program where there doesn’t appear to be significant value on the surface, it’s always worth diving into all of the ways to redeem miles listed on the loyalty program website. A couple of years ago I noticed the Culture & Sport tab under redemption options for Emirates Skywards. While redeeming points and miles for experiences can sometimes be good value, often times they fail to gain interest because they’re marketed wrong or priced so astronomically high that they are out of reach for most.
Emirates, however, has done a great job with their events. You can get tremendous value out of your Skywards miles when you redeem them for sporting events like Los Angeles Dodgers games, European Football matches or ATP Tour Tennis events.
The available events are updated on a regular basis, and in the spring include Los Angeles Dodgers baseball tickets in the Emirates Lounge at Dodger Stadium — with all-inclusive food and beverages. These tickets cost only 12,500 miles per person for the suite experience, and there are usually multiple series across the season that have tickets available.
But you aren’t restricted to American sporting events. At the time of publishing, you can redeem Skywards miles for Arsenal home games at Emirates Stadium in London starting at only 11,000 miles per ticket. For just 22,000 miles, you can score a ticket to the Emirates SkyBox 75 which includes complimentary food and beverages. Here are the starting prices for general admission tickets to home Arsenal matches this fall:
On both the Arsenal and Dodgers websites, there are public prices listed for renting out the entire suite for a game depending on how many people will be attending. If you’re looking to buy the suite, they don’t come cheap — the Arsenal suites start at $8,745 per game, and the Emirates Lounge for Dodgers games start at $6,000.
Other games and sporting events often listed include additional European soccer matches outside of the English Premiership, as well as US Open tennis tickets. It’s worth bookmarking the Emirates redeem miles page and checking back often.
Redeeming so few miles for one of these experiences is an incredible deal. Along with the new partnership with Chase Ultimate Rewards, you can also earn Emirates miles by transferring points from American Express Membership Rewards (1:1 ratio), Capital One (2:1) and Marriott Bonvoy (3:1 with 5,000 bonus miles when you transfer 60,000 points). If you’re looking to boost your account balances, consider one of these current offers:
- Chase Sapphire Preferred Card: Earn a welcome bonus of 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening
- The Platinum Card® from American Express: Earn a welcome bonus of 75,000 Membership Rewards Points after you spend $5,000 on purchases within the first 6 months of account opening. However, you may be targeted for a 100,000-point welcome bonus through the CardMatch Tool (offer subject to change at any time). Terms Apply.
- Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card: Earn a welcome bonus of 100,000 bonus miles when you spend $20,000 on purchases in the first 12 months from account opening, or still earn 50,000 miles if you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months.
Featured photo courtesy of LA Dodgers
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.