Get a free hotel stay, meal and transportation with Emirates Dubai Connect
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Here’s some good news if you’re traveling through Dubai anytime soon: Emirates has brought back its popular Dubai Connect package for customers transiting through Dubai International Airport (DXB).
Qualifying passengers receive a free night at a four- or five-star hotel, one free meal and ground transportation to and from the airport. This is undoubtedly a response to the drop in tourism caused by the global pandemic. With fewer tourists coming to Dubai for vacation, tapping into transiting passengers is one way to drum up tourism.
Travelers who choose to take advantage of this offer can get a UAE visa on arrival. Dubai also has testing requirements, which vary, depending on where you’re coming from. Most passengers need to present a negative PCR test taken up to 96 hours before arrival. Meanwhile, travelers from Germany and the UK can take a free COVID test at Dubai Airport.
Want more airline-specific news? Sign up for TPG’s free new biweekly Aviation newsletter!
Who qualifies for Dubai Connect?
Emirates passengers in all cabin classes who have a stopover of 10-24 hours qualify for Dubai Connect. Bookings made through a travel agent are also eligible. Fares must be on Emirates-operated flights, including ones marketed by Qantas. Codeshare flights are not eligible, with the exception of EK5000 and QF8000.
Keep in mind that the Dubai Connect package is only available if you’re booking the shortest connection time possible. In other words, you can’t just book the flight with the longest layover if there is a shorter one available.
As for hotels, you’ll likely be put up at the Copthorne or the Le Méridien Airport Hotel Dubai. Both are very nice hotels close to Dubai Airport.
If you’re unable to leave the airport, you can still access the Dubai Connect airport lounge during your layover, free of charge.
Related: Where Americans can travel right now
How to book a Dubai Connect package
To book your free accommodations, you’ll need to book a qualifying Emirates flight. Then head over o the Dubai Connect page and provide your travel information (booking number, name, etc.). You will then receive instructions for booking your free hotel and ground transportation.
The Dubai Connect package is the latest effort on behalf of Emirates to drum up business in a global pandemic. In July, Emirates became the first airline to offer free COVID-19 travel insurance, providing peace of mind for travelers who are concerned about getting sick during their journey.
While Dubai has remained open for tourism, global travel demand is still way down and airlines like Emirates are in survival mode. By offering free hotel stays and ground transportation, Emirates may appeal to travelers looking for more value. The Dubai Connect package also encourages transiting passengers to spend money outside the airport and make up for lost tourism revenue.
Featured photo by Zach Griff/The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.