Earn triple American AAdvantage miles on Hertz rentals
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Hertz has announced a new promotion offering customers the ability to earn three AAdvantage miles per dollar spent, rather than the usual one mile per dollar. Here are the promotion details:
- Valid on rentals from one or more days
- Rent through March 31, 2020
- Promotion code is 205648
- AAdvantage number required at time of booking
- Offer valid in these countries: U.S., Puerto Rico, Mexico, Canada, Belgium, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Slovakia, Spain, Switzerland and United Kingdom.
- Not to be combined with other promotions or discounts
- Valid only on non-prepaid rates
If you can get over the numerous restrictions, like no prepaid vehicle rates and the country specific locations, this is a fairly decent deal and an opportunity to rack up some quick AAdvantage miles. If you choose to take advantage of this offer, be sure to use a credit card that offers primary rental car insurance, such as the Chase Sapphire Reserve or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card.
Don’t forget, if you hold The Platinum Card® from American Express, you get automatic Hertz Gold Plus Rewards elite status (enrollment required). Similarly, if you hold the United Club Infinite Card, you automatically qualify for Hertz President’s Circle elite status.
Feature photo by Zach Griff/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.