You can earn 1,000 bonus Rapid Rewards points just for doing your taxes
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – Southwest Rapid Rewards Priority Credit Card, Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier Credit Card, Southwest Rapid Rewards Plus Credit Card
In case you haven’t heard yet, it’s tax filing season, and Southwest Airlines is making everyone’s least-favorite time of year a little less painful by rewarding anyone who files with TurboTax with 1,000 bonus Rapid Rewards points. All you have to do is go through the Rapid Rewards shopping portal.
The bonus is available across various versions of TurboTax including the free edition, TurboTax Deluxe, TurboTax Premier, TurboTax Self-Employed and TurboTax Live. Just be sure to file by the April 15th deadline.
While 1,000 Rapid Rewards points isn’t the most lucrative offering, it can certainly help top off your account or build up your balance further. Bottom line: If you already planned to file your taxes through TurboTax, there’s no reason to not claim your bonus points. All it takes is one additional easy step.
You can expect to see your bonus points post within eight weeks.
Unfortunately, the bonus doesn’t count towards A-List, A-List Preferred or Companion Pass qualification. However, it could ultimately lead to an award booking.
Just this past October, Southwest upped the ante and is now requiring travelers to earn 125,000 points instead of 110,000. One of the easiest methods for earning the pass is by signing up for a co-branded credit card, like the Southwest Rapid Rewards Plus Credit Card, Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier Credit Card, Southwest Rapid Rewards Priority Credit Card which all offer an up to 75,000-point welcome bonus; earn 40,000 points after you spend $1,000 on purchases in the first three months, plus an additional 35,000 points after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first six months of account opening.
And if you’re considering making Southwest your airline of choice, here’s exactly why you should do that, courtesy of TPG’s very own Aviation Queen and Southwest fan, Benèt Wilson.
Featured photo by Benét J. Wilson / The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.