Easily Earn 1,000 Amex Points After Making One Purchase Through ShopRunner App
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Here’s a quick way to earn some nice bonus points while doing your holiday shopping. American Express is sending out targeted emails to earn 1,000 bonus Membership Rewards points after downloading the District by ShopRunner app and making just one purchase.
Nearly all American Express cardholders have access to a complimentary Shoprunner membership, which provides free two-day shipping and returns for items purchased from a large number of retailers including Brooks Brothers, eBags and Saks Fifth Avenue. According to TPG valuations, 1,000 Membership Rewards points are worth $20, so if you already planned at shopping at one of these stores over the next few weeks, you might as well do it this way.
If you haven’t already signed up for Shoprunner, than you can here. As long as your eligible Amex card is set as your default payment method, then you should automatically access all the Shoprunner benefits at each participating store.
Earning your bonus Amex points requires a few steps, including holding a Membership Rewards earning card. First, see if your targeted for the offer, you’ll know if you received an email from Amex regarding the promo. In the email account that you receive Amex communications from search: “Get 1,000 Membership Rewards points on your last minute holiday shopping” or “ShopRunner,” and if you see the below email you should be eligible for the offer:
You’ll then have to download the District by ShopRunner app and purchase an item through the app with your enrolled American Express card by Dec. 31, 2018. Just make sure your order qualifies to be shipped through ShopRunner, as not all items are. Usually orders need to be $25 or more to qualify.
Featured image by Getty Images.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees