Donate to Those Affected by Hurricane Florence With #BStrong
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Hurricane Florence tore its way through North and South Carolina this past weekend, leaving thousands to deal with flooding, lack of electricity and basic necessities and damage to property and homes. We already wrote an article about where and how you can donate points, money and goods to help, but I just became aware of another way you can help out: through Bethenny Frankel’s #Bstrong initiative.
You may know Bethenny Frankel from the Real Housewives of New York, Shark Tank or even just as an entrepreneur who has created hit brands like Skinnygirl. I am lucky enough to have her as a friend, and she’s just as real in person as you’d expect from her no-nonsense style she’s famous for on television.
What drew me to Bethenny was her philanthropy. Last year, she was one of the first people to land in Puerto Rico after Hurricane Maria. Bethenny and her small team helped get millions of pounds of supplies onto the island and millions of dollars directly into the hands of those who were affected. Having seen firsthand the devastation Puerto Rico faced after the hurricane, I know her support helped so many in need.
View this post on Instagram
Hurricane Florence has hit. There are more than 800,000+ people without power right now who do not have what they need. Please go to delivering-good.org/bstrong to donate & help those affected by this disaster. More information is available on my video on IGTV & my bio. Do not engage with any fake accounts asking you for money. This is my only, verified account & the only way to donate to BStrong. #bstrong #bsafe #thisisacrisis working on the 1st plane trip & cash cards now. Xoxo
A post shared by Bethenny Frankel (@bethennyfrankel) on
This year her #Bstrong initiative along with Delivering Good is doing the same for our brothers and sisters affected by Hurricane Florence in the Carolinas. I personally donated $5,000 and The Points Guy matched it. If you’d like to support those affected by the storm, please considering making a donation here.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.