Disney to offer summer cruises from Miami — a first for the line
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Disney’s cruising arm on Thursday said its 2,500-passenger Disney Dream would sail a series of three- and four-night summer voyages to the Bahamas out of the city starting on June 7, 2022.
The trips will feature calls at Nassau and Castaway Cay, Disney’s private island in the Bahamas.
For more cruise news, reviews and tips, sign up for TPG’s new cruise newsletter.
In addition, Disney Dream will operate some five-night Western Caribbean sailings out of Miami over the summer of 2022 that mostly feature calls at either the Cayman Islands or Cozumel, Mexico, as well as a stop at Castaway Cay.
One five-night sailing out of Miami will focus only on the Bahamas with two stops Castaway Cay and a call at Nassau.
The cruises will be the first-ever out of Miami for the Disney Dream, a 10-year-old vessel that, until now, has only been based at Florida’s Port Canaveral.
Port Canaveral, which is not far from Disney World, has long been Disney’s main hub in Florida. The line has offered cruises from Miami in the past, but only during the winter months.
For the coming winter, for instance, Disney’s 1,754-passenger Disney Magic is scheduled to sail a mix of three- to five-night voyages out of Miami. The trips will begin in November and end in May.
As is typical, Disney Magic will head to Europe after finishing up its winter season out of Miami. The ship will sail itineraries in the Greek Isles and Mediterranean before heading to Northern Europe for cruises to the Baltic, the British Isles, Iceland and the Norwegian fjords.
The Europe itineraries are generally similar to ones Disney has offered in the past but do include a few new ports.
One of several cruises out of Rome to Greece will include a stop at Chania, Greece — a first for Disney. A one-way cruise from Barcelona to Dover, England, will include Disney’s first-ever port call at Porto, Portugal.
The Disney Magic’s summer season also will include the line’s first calls at Riga, Latvia; Nynashamn, Sweden; and Maloy, Norway.
As for Alaska, Disney plans to send its 1,754-passenger Disney Wonder to the state for the summer of 2022, as it has for many years. It’ll operate a similar itinerary to what it has operated in the past: A seven-night route out of Vancouver, British Columbia, with calls at Dawes Glacier, Skagway, Juneau and Ketchikan. Two of the cruises will call on Icy Strait Point in place of Skagway.
Disney’s fourth ship, Disney Fantasy, will remain in Port Canaveral for the summer of 2022. As is typical for the ship, it’ll mostly operate seven-night sailings to the Caribbean, with a handful of five- and nine-night voyages mixed into its schedule.
Planning a cruise? Start with these stories:
- The 5 most desirable cabin locations on any cruise ship
- The 8 worst cabin locations on any cruise ship
- A quick guide to the most popular cruise lines
- 21 tips and tricks that will make your cruise go smoothly
- 15 ways cruisers waste money
- 12 best cruises for people who never want to grow up
- What to pack for your first cruise
Featured image courtesy of Disney Cruise Line
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.