Disney to offer summer cruises from Miami — a first for the line
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Disney’s cruising arm on Thursday said its 2,500-passenger Disney Dream would sail a series of three- and four-night summer voyages to the Bahamas out of the city starting on June 7, 2022.
The trips will feature calls at Nassau and Castaway Cay, Disney’s private island in the Bahamas.
For more cruise news, reviews and tips, sign up for TPG’s new cruise newsletter.
In addition, Disney Dream will operate some five-night Western Caribbean sailings out of Miami over the summer of 2022 that mostly feature calls at either the Cayman Islands or Cozumel, Mexico, as well as a stop at Castaway Cay.
One five-night sailing out of Miami will focus only on the Bahamas with two stops Castaway Cay and a call at Nassau.
The cruises will be the first-ever out of Miami for the Disney Dream, a 10-year-old vessel that, until now, has only been based at Florida’s Port Canaveral.
Port Canaveral, which is not far from Disney World, has long been Disney’s main hub in Florida. The line has offered cruises from Miami in the past, but only during the winter months.
For the coming winter, for instance, Disney’s 1,754-passenger Disney Magic is scheduled to sail a mix of three- to five-night voyages out of Miami. The trips will begin in November and end in May.
As is typical, Disney Magic will head to Europe after finishing up its winter season out of Miami. The ship will sail itineraries in the Greek Isles and Mediterranean before heading to Northern Europe for cruises to the Baltic, the British Isles, Iceland and the Norwegian fjords.
The Europe itineraries are generally similar to ones Disney has offered in the past but do include a few new ports.
One of several cruises out of Rome to Greece will include a stop at Chania, Greece — a first for Disney. A one-way cruise from Barcelona to Dover, England, will include Disney’s first-ever port call at Porto, Portugal.
The Disney Magic’s summer season also will include the line’s first calls at Riga, Latvia; Nynashamn, Sweden; and Maloy, Norway.
As for Alaska, Disney plans to send its 1,754-passenger Disney Wonder to the state for the summer of 2022, as it has for many years. It’ll operate a similar itinerary to what it has operated in the past: A seven-night route out of Vancouver, British Columbia, with calls at Dawes Glacier, Skagway, Juneau and Ketchikan. Two of the cruises will call on Icy Strait Point in place of Skagway.
Disney’s fourth ship, Disney Fantasy, will remain in Port Canaveral for the summer of 2022. As is typical for the ship, it’ll mostly operate seven-night sailings to the Caribbean, with a handful of five- and nine-night voyages mixed into its schedule.
Planning a cruise? Start with these stories:
- The 5 most desirable cabin locations on any cruise ship
- The 8 worst cabin locations on any cruise ship
- A quick guide to the most popular cruise lines
- 21 tips and tricks that will make your cruise go smoothly
- 15 ways cruisers waste money
- 12 best cruises for people who never want to grow up
- What to pack for your first cruise
Featured image courtesy of Disney Cruise Line
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees