Disney Cruise Line Extends Its Schedule Through Fall 2020
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Dust off those Mickey ears and pack your swimsuit! Disney Cruise Line just extended its itinerary schedule through fall 2020, including some fun holiday sailings to tropical isles. If you’ve been wondering how to spend the 2020 holidays, one of Disney’s cruises out of Florida, Texas, New York or California homeports may fit the bill.
When Do Bookings Open for Disney Cruise Line’s Fall 2020 Sailings?
Disney has a tiered system for opening its cruise bookings for fall 2020 itineraries. Passengers who are members of various Disney loyalty programs get first dibs.
Here’s the booking game plan:
- June 10, 2019: Platinum members of DCL’s Castaway Club and Golden Oak Club members may make reservations.
- June 11, 2019: Platinum and Gold Castaway Club members may make bookings.
- June 12, 2019: Platinum, Gold and Silver Castaway Club members plus Disney Vacation Club members and Adventures by Disney Insiders may make bookings.
- June 13, 2019: Reservations open to the general public.
Castaway Club members and Adventures by Disney Insiders may book online at over the phone by calling (800) 388-4513 starting at 8am EST. Golden Oak Club Members need to contact Golden Oak Club Member Services. Disney Vacation Club members need to call Member Services at (800) 800-9800 to book with Reservation Points or to make a cash booking, call Disney Cruise Line at (866) 325-6348. The general public can make reservations online or by calling (800) 951-3532.
Book a Special Holiday Sailing
The cruise line is renowned for its special voyages that celebrate the holidays, from Halloween to Thanksgiving to Christmas and the New Year.
For every family that loves a good ghost story and trick-or-treat delights, Disney Cruise Line will celebrate Halloween on the High Seas in September and October 2020. Lots of memory-making events are planned, including a “mouse-querade” costume party, onboard trick-or-treating, plenty of Halloween-themed activities for the kids and even an adults-only party.
Then, as the year comes to an end, think about booking a voyage from early November through December to enjoy Disney’s Very Merrytime Cruises. Each ship in DCL’s fleet decks its halls so you can make merry. Families love the tree-lighting ceremony, characters dressed in holiday get-ups, a winter wonderland ball with Santa and Mrs. Claus and even a “Frozen” snowfall.
Where Will Disney Sail in Fall 2020?
Disney’s fleet will deploy to the following destinations in fall 2020:
Bahamas: Board the Disney Dream, Fantasy and Wonder will sail three-, four-, five-, six- and seven-night itineraries from Galveston, Miami, New York and Port Canaveral. While specific ports of call vary a bit, most voyages include a day in Nassau and one at Disney’s private island, Castaway Cay.
Bermuda: Disney Magic makes only three sailings to Bermuda — all during October 2020. The round-trip itinerary out of New York, New York, includes two days at sea and two days at King’s Wharf, Bermuda.
New England & Canada: If you want to do some leaf-peeping up north and enjoy Disney’s Halloween celebration, snag Disney Magic’s October 17, 2020, five-night sailing out of New York with two sea days and calls on Canada’s Halifax and Saint John.
Caribbean: The biggest variety of itineraries is for Western and Eastern Caribbean cruises in November and December — most with the Very Merrytime theme. You can book four- to eight-night voyages out of Galveston, Port Canaveral, New York or San Juan.
Baja: Disney Wonder will make a series of two-, three-, four- and five-night sailings round-trip out of San Diego to call on places like Cabo San Lucas and Ensenada, Mexico. Some of these sail dates — from September through Nov. 1 — include Halloween on the High Seas festivities.
Mexican Riviera: Combine a Halloween sailing with a fall getaway on the seven-night Disney Wonder San Diego round-trip to the Mexican Riviera. Stops include Cabo San Lucas, Mazatlan and Puerto Vallarta. This cruise embarks September 27, 2020.
Panama Canal: In fall 2020, Disney Cruise Line will make only one full Panama Canal transit. It’s aboard Disney Wonder, embarking San Diego on November 6, 2020 and visiting Cabo San Lucas and Puerto Vallarta before going through the canal to Cartagena, Columbia; Grand Cayman; and Cozumel and disembarking in Galveston.
Pacific Coast: If you’re out on the West Coast, the September 14, 2020, sailing from Vancouver to San Diego aboard Disney Wonder might be of interest. You’ll call on Victoria, British Columbia, and then enjoy two days at sea before disembarking in San Diego.
Transatlantic: And, you can book a 10-night transatlantic sailing on Disney Magic as it repositions from Dover, England (embarking October 2, 2020), to New York City. Ports of call are Plymouth, England; Cork, Ireland; and Canada’s St. John’s and Halifax.
Here’s the complete rundown of fall 2020 Disney Cruise Line itineraries and departure dates.
Disney cruises — especially in coveted cabin categories — sell quickly, especially for cruises during peak holiday dates. If you’ve been flirting with the idea of a Disney cruise in fall 2020, now is the time to do your research, make your decision and get ahead of the pack by booking as early as possible when the reservation window opens in a few days.
For more Disney Cruise Line advice, go here:
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.