Disney Cruise Line Extends Its Schedule Through Fall 2020
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Dust off those Mickey ears and pack your swimsuit! Disney Cruise Line just extended its itinerary schedule through fall 2020, including some fun holiday sailings to tropical isles. If you’ve been wondering how to spend the 2020 holidays, one of Disney’s cruises out of Florida, Texas, New York or California homeports may fit the bill.
When Do Bookings Open for Disney Cruise Line’s Fall 2020 Sailings?
Disney has a tiered system for opening its cruise bookings for fall 2020 itineraries. Passengers who are members of various Disney loyalty programs get first dibs.
Here’s the booking game plan:
- June 10, 2019: Platinum members of DCL’s Castaway Club and Golden Oak Club members may make reservations.
- June 11, 2019: Platinum and Gold Castaway Club members may make bookings.
- June 12, 2019: Platinum, Gold and Silver Castaway Club members plus Disney Vacation Club members and Adventures by Disney Insiders may make bookings.
- June 13, 2019: Reservations open to the general public.
Castaway Club members and Adventures by Disney Insiders may book online at over the phone by calling (800) 388-4513 starting at 8am EST. Golden Oak Club Members need to contact Golden Oak Club Member Services. Disney Vacation Club members need to call Member Services at (800) 800-9800 to book with Reservation Points or to make a cash booking, call Disney Cruise Line at (866) 325-6348. The general public can make reservations online or by calling (800) 951-3532.
Book a Special Holiday Sailing
The cruise line is renowned for its special voyages that celebrate the holidays, from Halloween to Thanksgiving to Christmas and the New Year.
For every family that loves a good ghost story and trick-or-treat delights, Disney Cruise Line will celebrate Halloween on the High Seas in September and October 2020. Lots of memory-making events are planned, including a “mouse-querade” costume party, onboard trick-or-treating, plenty of Halloween-themed activities for the kids and even an adults-only party.
Then, as the year comes to an end, think about booking a voyage from early November through December to enjoy Disney’s Very Merrytime Cruises. Each ship in DCL’s fleet decks its halls so you can make merry. Families love the tree-lighting ceremony, characters dressed in holiday get-ups, a winter wonderland ball with Santa and Mrs. Claus and even a “Frozen” snowfall.
Where Will Disney Sail in Fall 2020?
Disney’s fleet will deploy to the following destinations in fall 2020:
Bahamas: Board the Disney Dream, Fantasy and Wonder will sail three-, four-, five-, six- and seven-night itineraries from Galveston, Miami, New York and Port Canaveral. While specific ports of call vary a bit, most voyages include a day in Nassau and one at Disney’s private island, Castaway Cay.
Bermuda: Disney Magic makes only three sailings to Bermuda — all during October 2020. The round-trip itinerary out of New York, New York, includes two days at sea and two days at King’s Wharf, Bermuda.
New England & Canada: If you want to do some leaf-peeping up north and enjoy Disney’s Halloween celebration, snag Disney Magic’s October 17, 2020, five-night sailing out of New York with two sea days and calls on Canada’s Halifax and Saint John.
Caribbean: The biggest variety of itineraries is for Western and Eastern Caribbean cruises in November and December — most with the Very Merrytime theme. You can book four- to eight-night voyages out of Galveston, Port Canaveral, New York or San Juan.
Baja: Disney Wonder will make a series of two-, three-, four- and five-night sailings round-trip out of San Diego to call on places like Cabo San Lucas and Ensenada, Mexico. Some of these sail dates — from September through Nov. 1 — include Halloween on the High Seas festivities.
Mexican Riviera: Combine a Halloween sailing with a fall getaway on the seven-night Disney Wonder San Diego round-trip to the Mexican Riviera. Stops include Cabo San Lucas, Mazatlan and Puerto Vallarta. This cruise embarks September 27, 2020.
Panama Canal: In fall 2020, Disney Cruise Line will make only one full Panama Canal transit. It’s aboard Disney Wonder, embarking San Diego on November 6, 2020 and visiting Cabo San Lucas and Puerto Vallarta before going through the canal to Cartagena, Columbia; Grand Cayman; and Cozumel and disembarking in Galveston.
Pacific Coast: If you’re out on the West Coast, the September 14, 2020, sailing from Vancouver to San Diego aboard Disney Wonder might be of interest. You’ll call on Victoria, British Columbia, and then enjoy two days at sea before disembarking in San Diego.
Transatlantic: And, you can book a 10-night transatlantic sailing on Disney Magic as it repositions from Dover, England (embarking October 2, 2020), to New York City. Ports of call are Plymouth, England; Cork, Ireland; and Canada’s St. John’s and Halifax.
Here’s the complete rundown of fall 2020 Disney Cruise Line itineraries and departure dates.
Disney cruises — especially in coveted cabin categories — sell quickly, especially for cruises during peak holiday dates. If you’ve been flirting with the idea of a Disney cruise in fall 2020, now is the time to do your research, make your decision and get ahead of the pack by booking as early as possible when the reservation window opens in a few days.
For more Disney Cruise Line advice, go here:
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees