Delta Discounted Awards: Fly to Mexico From 10,000 SkyMiles Round-Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Delta is advertising discounted awards to a couple of destinations in Mexico from cities all over the US. These awards are so low that you can get a round-trip ticket to Cancun for as few as 10,000 SkyMiles round-trip.
This doesn’t appear to be one of Delta’s award flash sales, which come around every so often. In fact, the carrier’s most recent flash sale to Mexico, which happened earlier this month, advertised round-trip fares to Mexico for as few as 12,000 SkyMiles round-trip. So, with this unadvertised sale, you can lock in award redemptions for even fewer SkyMiles. Plus, we’re seeing round-trips in Delta Comfort+ for just 5,000 SkyMiles more.
There appear to be quite a few cities that are part of this sale — from New York to Boston, Los Angeles, Fort Lauderdale and more. Destinations in Mexico that require the fewest number of SkyMiles are Cancun (CUN) and San José del Cabo (SJD). Generally, the best availability we’re seeing is through April, with scattered dates throughout the summer and picking up with decent availability in September through the rest of the year. If you’re interested in booking a trip to Mexico, be sure to check out your SkyMiles options from your city — you could lock in a ticket at these reduced rates.
Here are some examples of what you can book:
Fort Lauderdale (FLL) to Cancun (CUN) for 10,000 SkyMiles + $86 round-trip:
Boston (BOS) to Cancun (CUN) for 10,000 SkyMiles + $86 round-trip:
New York (JFK) to Cancun (CUN) for 12,000 SkyMiles + $81 round-trip:
Los Angeles (LAX) to San José del Cabo (SJD) for 12,000 SkyMiles + $84 round-trip:
Baltimore (BWI) to Cancun (CUN) for 12,000 SkyMiles + $86 round-trip:
Boston (BOS) to Cancun (CUN) for 15,000 SkyMiles + $86 round-trip in Delta Comfort+:
If you don’t have enough SkyMiles in your account, consider applying for one of the Delta SkyMiles credit cards from American Express to ensure you’re able to take advantage of an offer like this next time one pops up. For example, the Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express currently comes with a bonus of 30,000 bonus miles after you use your new Card to make $1,000 in purchases within your first 3 months and a $50 Statement Credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Terms Apply. This is also a great card for defeating basic economy.
Featured image of the JW Marriott Cancun.
H/T: Thrifty Traveler
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees