Here’s How to Earn 5x Delta SkyMiles on Hotel Reservations
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
It’s the season for bonuses when it comes to hotel stays. Delta’s latest offer will grant you 5x SkyMiles on all reservations made through Delta.com/Hotels between March 25, 2019 and April 8, 2019. You can book any hotel through the portal, add your SkyMiles number and you’ll earn 5 SkyMiles per $1 spent. TPG‘s latest valuation pegs each SkyMile at 1.2 cents.
If you’re looking to book a property within the Marriott portfolio, you’re better off earning 8x SkyMiles through Delta’s SkyMiles Shopping portal for a limited time.
The Delta.com/Hotels portal is actually powered by Hotels.com.
If you don’t hold one of the aforementioned cards that have exclusive hotel bonuses, and you need to top off your SkyMiles balance for a seat upgrade or award ticket, this new deal is worth a look.
Just remember that bookings made through online travel agencies like Hotels.com do not earn elite qualifying credit, so those chasing status at a given alliance will want to take that into consideration.
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Featured image of Grand Wailea, A Waldorf Astoria Resort courtesy of the hotel.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.