Here’s How to Earn 5x Delta SkyMiles on Hotel Reservations
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
It’s the season for bonuses when it comes to hotel stays. Delta’s latest offer will grant you 5x SkyMiles on all reservations made through Delta.com/Hotels between March 25, 2019 and April 8, 2019. You can book any hotel through the portal, add your SkyMiles number and you’ll earn 5 SkyMiles per $1 spent. TPG‘s latest valuation pegs each SkyMile at 1.2 cents.
If you’re looking to book a property within the Marriott portfolio, you’re better off earning 8x SkyMiles through Delta’s SkyMiles Shopping portal for a limited time.
The Delta.com/Hotels portal is actually powered by Hotels.com.
If you don’t hold one of the aforementioned cards that have exclusive hotel bonuses, and you need to top off your SkyMiles balance for a seat upgrade or award ticket, this new deal is worth a look.
Just remember that bookings made through online travel agencies like Hotels.com do not earn elite qualifying credit, so those chasing status at a given alliance will want to take that into consideration.
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Featured image of Grand Wailea, A Waldorf Astoria Resort courtesy of the hotel.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees