Delta will reopen all Sky Club airport lounges by the summer
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Delta shuttered most of its SkyClub airport lounges in March 2020.
The Atlanta-based carrier slowly started reopening select lounges, many in focus cities, last summer and has continued to steadily ramp up operations at several of its outstations.
Stay up-to-date on airline and aviation news by signing up for our brand-new aviation newsletter.
Now, as demand returns and vaccination rates continue to climb, Delta will be reopening all SkyClubs by this summer. That’s according to Ed Bastian, Delta’s CEO, in his Tuesday interview with Brian Kelly, TPG’s founder and CEO, as part of the Future of Travel series.
“All SkyClubs will be open by the summer,” said Bastian in reference to some of the flyer-focused improvements that passengers will experience as they return to the skies. Other initiatives include accelerated construction work on hub terminals, new inflight food and beverage service and additional contactless check-in and boarding options.
While the details are light, a carrier spokesperson confirmed to TPG that more information will be revealed soon. Nevertheless, with analysts predicting a meaningful return to travel this summer, Delta flyers can rest easy knowing that the club will be open.
For now, 40 of Delta’s SkyClubs have reopened. The San Diego location in Terminal 2 reopens on April 27, while the Atlanta outpost near Gate C37 is reopening on May 1.
Delta’s big 3 competitors — American Airlines and United — also have reopened select lounges, but neither airline has announced a timeline for a network-wide reopening.
Featured photo by Zach Griff/The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees