Delta to deliver keynote speech at CES 2020 tech show in Las Vegas
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The airline industry is getting a prime spot at one of the world’s top technology shows.
Delta Air Lines CEO Ed Bastian will deliver the keynote speech at CES 2020 in Las Vegas in January.
The annual event is one of the top consumer electronics trade shows in the world. Delta says Bastian’s appearance will mark the first time that an airline representative will deliver the event’s main-stage keynote speech.
“Travel has become an essential part of our lives, and CES is the perfect stage to show the world how technology and innovation — coupled with the best employees on the planet — will transform the future travel experience for customers across all points of the journey,” Bastian said in a statement.
It won’t be Bastian’s first time on the CES main stage, however. In 2019, he appeared as a guest of IBM CEO Ginni Rometty for a discussion about new technology.
For 2020, Bastian’s keynote address will be delivered from the Venetian Palazzo Ballroom at 2 p.m. local time on Tuesday, Jan. 7.
Beyond Bastian’s keynote appearance, Delta has pledged a “major presence in the exhibitor showroom.”
Delta did not offer specifics about its planned CES exhibit, saying it would reveal details about its “experiential showroom exhibit later this year.”
Delta promised to show off “trail-blazing consumer innovations impacting the future of air travel, now and for years to come,” according to its statement.
CES, which originally stood for “Consumer Electronics Show,” has grown to become one of the top events of its kind since it was first held in 1967. Held annually, it currently calls Las Vegas home.
For the 2020 show, CES organizers say they expect more than 175,000 visitors — including 61,000 international guests.
The event has become so large that airlines add special one-off flights from around the Asia and Europe. Stay tuned in the coming works for a round-up of special CES flights.
Photo by Al Seib/Los Angeles Times via Getty Images,
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees