Delta Air Lines Adding Boston-Miami Flights
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Delta Air Lines is expanding its lineup in Boston with nonstop service to Miami.
The service will begin Dec. 21, Delta announced, with two daily round-trip flights on Airbus A320 aircraft.
The addition continues a recent growth spurt for Delta in Boston, where it is increasingly battling JetBlue – the current top carrier.
Delta has added numerous new Boston routes during the past year, including flights to destinations like Chicago O’Hare, Cleveland, Newark Liberty and Washington Reagan National. The carrier also has boosted frequencies on a number of existing routes.
“It’s been a tremendous year for Delta in Boston already, and we continue to keep climbing with new routes and frequencies, award-winning service, and industry-leading reliability that sets Delta apart,” Charlie Schewe, Delta’s Director-New England Sales, said in a statement.
Delta will compete head-to-head on the Boston-Miami route with American, which operates a major connecting hub in Miami. JetBlue does not fly to Miami but it does fly from Boston to Fort Lauderdale, where it operates a focus city. Spirit Airlines also flies nonstop between Boston and Fort Lauderdale, 25 miles north of central Miami.
With the addition of Miami, Delta will fly nonstop to 52 destinations from Boston.
Featured imaged: Courtesy of Delta Air Lines.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.