Delta Air Lines Adding Boston-Miami Flights
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Delta Air Lines is expanding its lineup in Boston with nonstop service to Miami.
The service will begin Dec. 21, Delta announced, with two daily round-trip flights on Airbus A320 aircraft.
The addition continues a recent growth spurt for Delta in Boston, where it is increasingly battling JetBlue – the current top carrier.
Delta has added numerous new Boston routes during the past year, including flights to destinations like Chicago O’Hare, Cleveland, Newark Liberty and Washington Reagan National. The carrier also has boosted frequencies on a number of existing routes.
“It’s been a tremendous year for Delta in Boston already, and we continue to keep climbing with new routes and frequencies, award-winning service, and industry-leading reliability that sets Delta apart,” Charlie Schewe, Delta’s Director-New England Sales, said in a statement.
Delta will compete head-to-head on the Boston-Miami route with American, which operates a major connecting hub in Miami. JetBlue does not fly to Miami but it does fly from Boston to Fort Lauderdale, where it operates a focus city. Spirit Airlines also flies nonstop between Boston and Fort Lauderdale, 25 miles north of central Miami.
With the addition of Miami, Delta will fly nonstop to 52 destinations from Boston.
Featured imaged: Courtesy of Delta Air Lines.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees