Delta Air Lines Adding Boston-Miami Flights
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Delta Air Lines is expanding its lineup in Boston with nonstop service to Miami.
The service will begin Dec. 21, Delta announced, with two daily round-trip flights on Airbus A320 aircraft.
The addition continues a recent growth spurt for Delta in Boston, where it is increasingly battling JetBlue – the current top carrier.
Delta has added numerous new Boston routes during the past year, including flights to destinations like Chicago O’Hare, Cleveland, Newark Liberty and Washington Reagan National. The carrier also has boosted frequencies on a number of existing routes.
“It’s been a tremendous year for Delta in Boston already, and we continue to keep climbing with new routes and frequencies, award-winning service, and industry-leading reliability that sets Delta apart,” Charlie Schewe, Delta’s Director-New England Sales, said in a statement.
Delta will compete head-to-head on the Boston-Miami route with American, which operates a major connecting hub in Miami. JetBlue does not fly to Miami but it does fly from Boston to Fort Lauderdale, where it operates a focus city. Spirit Airlines also flies nonstop between Boston and Fort Lauderdale, 25 miles north of central Miami.
With the addition of Miami, Delta will fly nonstop to 52 destinations from Boston.
Featured imaged: Courtesy of Delta Air Lines.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.