Delta’s First-Ever A220 Scheduled For Pre-Delivery Flight Above Montreal
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: It appears that Delta’s first A220 did not conduct its pre-delivery flight on Oct. 3, 2018 as was originally scheduled. We’re keeping an eye on the weather in Montreal and will update further should the flight occur today.
It’s a bird… it’s a plane… it’s… well, actually, it is indeed a plane. But it’s not just any plane! It’s Delta’s first Airbus A220 (formerly known as the Bombardier C Series), which is taking to the skies for the first time in the airline’s livery as part of the pre-delivery test process. Just weeks after it wrapped up its time in the paint shop, ship N101DU is scheduled to fly for roughly 45 minutes above Montreal, departing from and returning to Montréal–Mirabel International Airport (YMX).
There’s a load of excitement in the air over the launch of this aircraft, largely due to the anticipated comfort increase as it replaces smaller jets like the CRJ900 on routes commonly operated by Delta Connection. Delta Air Lines has configured its A220 to seat 110 total passengers, with all of those treated to onboard Gogo in-flight Wi-Fi access, complimentary Delta Studio entertainment options and a dash of extra suave lighting.
Delta will be the first US airline to take delivery of the A220, with commercial service slated to begin in early 2019. In the meantime, four lucky Delta fans who bid the highest amount of SkyMiles in a series of auctions will be making a trip to Canada to see the aircraft in person, while also getting a VIP flight simulator experience and invaluable bragging rights.
The pre-delivery test flight is currently scheduled to depart at 12:40pm ET, weather permitting, and those interested in tracking its progress can live vicariously through the magic of FlightAware.
Featured image courtesy of Delta Air Lines.
- Earn up to 100,000 bonus miles and 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs). Earn 80,000 bonus miles and 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $5,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Plus, earn an additional 20,000 bonus miles after your first anniversary of Card Membership. Offer Expires 4/1/2020.
- New! With Status Boost™, earn 15,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $30,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to four times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- New! Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases.
- Earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Complimentary access into the Delta SkyClubs® for you when traveling on a Delta flight.
- New! Enjoy complimentary access to The Centurion® Lounge when you book your Delta flight with your Reserve Card.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free and Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding on Delta flights.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees