Delta’s First-Ever A220 Scheduled For Pre-Delivery Flight Above Montreal
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: It appears that Delta’s first A220 did not conduct its pre-delivery flight on Oct. 3, 2018 as was originally scheduled. We’re keeping an eye on the weather in Montreal and will update further should the flight occur today.
It’s a bird… it’s a plane… it’s… well, actually, it is indeed a plane. But it’s not just any plane! It’s Delta’s first Airbus A220 (formerly known as the Bombardier C Series), which is taking to the skies for the first time in the airline’s livery as part of the pre-delivery test process. Just weeks after it wrapped up its time in the paint shop, ship N101DU is scheduled to fly for roughly 45 minutes above Montreal, departing from and returning to Montréal–Mirabel International Airport (YMX).
There’s a load of excitement in the air over the launch of this aircraft, largely due to the anticipated comfort increase as it replaces smaller jets like the CRJ900 on routes commonly operated by Delta Connection. Delta Air Lines has configured its A220 to seat 110 total passengers, with all of those treated to onboard Gogo in-flight Wi-Fi access, complimentary Delta Studio entertainment options and a dash of extra suave lighting.
Delta will be the first US airline to take delivery of the A220, with commercial service slated to begin in early 2019. In the meantime, four lucky Delta fans who bid the highest amount of SkyMiles in a series of auctions will be making a trip to Canada to see the aircraft in person, while also getting a VIP flight simulator experience and invaluable bragging rights.
The pre-delivery test flight is currently scheduled to depart at 12:40pm ET, weather permitting, and those interested in tracking its progress can live vicariously through the magic of FlightAware.
Featured image courtesy of Delta Air Lines.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: Up to 100,000 bonus miles
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,040
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X miles on United® purchases
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80K bonus miles after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open. Plus, an additional 20K bonus miles after you spend $10,000 in the first 6 months
- $250 Annual Fee
- Earn 3X miles on United® purchases, 2X miles at restaurants, on select streaming services & all other travel, 1X on all other purchases
- Earn 3X miles on United Airlines purchases
- Earn 2X miles at restaurants and on select streaming services
- Earn 2X miles on all other travel
- Earn 1X mile on all other purchases
- Each year, receive a $125 credit on United® purchases and two 5k-mile anniversary award flight credits. Terms apply.