There’s a new bus service planned between India and London: 12,000 miles, 70 days, crossing 18 countries
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
As the travel industry reopens following COVID-19 shutdowns, TPG suggests that you talk to your doctor, follow health officials’ guidance and research local travel restrictions before booking that next trip. We will be here to help you prepare, whether it is next month or next year.
Does the “longest bus journey in the world” tickle your fancy? For all you road trip fans, in May 2021, you can spend 70 days in a luxury coach traveling from Delhi to London.
It’s the first hop-on, hop-off bus service covering the marathon journey from India to England and will cover 12,000 miles.
Adventures Overland is offering 20 people the chance to take part in this bus odyssey and it will cost roughly $20,000 per person.
The journey’s start date may be postponed but owners Sanjay Madan and Tushar Agarwal are eager to get cracking.
The website says: “The last few months have altered life for all of us, and the COVID-19 pandemic will continue for a while. Keeping this in mind, we will only start accepting bookings once there is clarity with respect to travel regulations, both locally and internationally.”
The bus will depart from Delhi and drive across India before journeying into South East Asia through Myanmar, Thailand and Laos. It will then head to China and Central Asia, before finishing in Europe.
The luxury coach has Wi-Fi and lots of legroom apparently and don’t worry, you won’t actually be sleeping on it — most nights will be spent in four or five-star hotels — hence the fairly steep ticket price.
While traveling through China passengers will get to meet pandas in Chengdu, walk the Great Wall, visit the Mogao Caves and experience the Gobi Desert.
From there the bus will trundle along the famed Silk Road, crossing into Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan and Kazakhstan. Russia is next with stops planned in Astrakhan, Volga and Moscow, as well as a day cruise on the Caspian Sea.
Finally, into Europe, passengers will take in Latvia, Lithuania, and Poland before heading to Prague, Frankfurt then Belgium.
After 68 days on the road, passengers will arrive in London for two days of sightseeing and can review all of those new passport stamps.
Included in the cost of the trip are all hotel stays, guides and fees related to visas, immigration, sightseeing and movement permits. Planned meals and daily snacks and drinks are also included in the cost. Click here to find out more about tickets and booking.
Featured photo by Mario Gutiérrez/Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees