Deal Alert: Save Big on Labor Day Weekend Getaways With Expedia’s End of Summer Sale
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Even though it feels like summer is coming to a close, it isn’t over just yet — and what better way to stretch out those final days of fun in the sun than a luxury trip during Labor Day Weekend?
Starting Aug. 12, Expedia is having a “Let’s Go” sale, where you can get up to 30% off select luxury hotel stays. You’ll also have the opportunity to save on a variety of flights and vacation packages with a special coupon code. To get it, open the app at 9am PST and scroll down to the Today’s Top Deals section. Some of these noteworthy deals include:
- Select hotels offering 30% off on stays occurring between Aug. 12 and Oct. 31, 2019, plus save an additional 10% with coupon
- $100 off $200 airfare (mobile app coupon)
- $50 off $200 airfare (mobile app and web coupon)
- 50% off hotel (mobile app coupon)
- $750 off a $1,000 package (mobile app coupon)
Word to the wise: Become a member ahead of time and download the mobile app. Start favoriting hotels you love so that you’re ready to go when the time comes. Those high-value hotels are going to go quickly! Also, the hotel codes won’t work on big name brands such as Marriott and Hilton, so boutique hotels will be your best bet.
If you have a furry friend you want to take along with you, you’re in luck. The booking company also highlighted the US hotels with the best dog-friendly amenities to honor their Dog Days of Summer mascots, so grab your pup and check out these pet-approved pads:
Kimpton Shorebreak Hotel in Huntington Beach, California
Rooms start at $396 per night.
Soho Grand Hotel in New York City, New York
Rooms start at $269 per night.
Archer Hotel in Austin, Texas
Rooms start at $199 per night.
The Palazzo in Las Vegas, Nevada
Rooms start at $254 per night.
The Asbury in Asbury Park, New Jersey
Rooms start at $938 per night.
Of course, before you book any hotels during the sale, be sure that you’re using a card that will earn you bonus points on hotel stays. Our top picks are the Chase Sapphire Reserve (for 3x on travel) and the Citi Premier® Card (also 3x). You can learn more about the best cards for travel purchases here.
All photos courtesy of Expedia.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees