Deal Alert: Save Big on Labor Day Weekend Getaways With Expedia’s End of Summer Sale
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Even though it feels like summer is coming to a close, it isn’t over just yet — and what better way to stretch out those final days of fun in the sun than a luxury trip during Labor Day Weekend?
Starting Aug. 12, Expedia is having a “Let’s Go” sale, where you can get up to 30% off select luxury hotel stays. You’ll also have the opportunity to save on a variety of flights and vacation packages with a special coupon code. To get it, open the app at 9am PST and scroll down to the Today’s Top Deals section. Some of these noteworthy deals include:
- Select hotels offering 30% off on stays occurring between Aug. 12 and Oct. 31, 2019, plus save an additional 10% with coupon
- $100 off $200 airfare (mobile app coupon)
- $50 off $200 airfare (mobile app and web coupon)
- 50% off hotel (mobile app coupon)
- $750 off a $1,000 package (mobile app coupon)
Word to the wise: Become a member ahead of time and download the mobile app. Start favoriting hotels you love so that you’re ready to go when the time comes. Those high-value hotels are going to go quickly! Also, the hotel codes won’t work on big name brands such as Marriott and Hilton, so boutique hotels will be your best bet.
If you have a furry friend you want to take along with you, you’re in luck. The booking company also highlighted the US hotels with the best dog-friendly amenities to honor their Dog Days of Summer mascots, so grab your pup and check out these pet-approved pads:
Kimpton Shorebreak Hotel in Huntington Beach, California
Rooms start at $396 per night.
Soho Grand Hotel in New York City, New York
Rooms start at $269 per night.
Archer Hotel in Austin, Texas
Rooms start at $199 per night.
The Palazzo in Las Vegas, Nevada
Rooms start at $254 per night.
The Asbury in Asbury Park, New Jersey
Rooms start at $938 per night.
Of course, before you book any hotels during the sale, be sure that you’re using a card that will earn you bonus points on hotel stays. Our top picks are the Chase Sapphire Reserve (for 3x on travel) and the Citi Premier® Card (also 3x). You can learn more about the best cards for travel purchases here.
All photos courtesy of Expedia.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.