Coronavirus relief: The Apple Card is letting customers skip a payment with no interest
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Apple has sent out an email to its cardholders saying it will allow them to skip payments on their cards this month without penalty.
As shared via Reddit, Apple Card customers have the opportunity to skip their March monthly statement without paying additional interest. This move comes as a response to the ongoing COVID-19 outbreak, which has put many in precarious financial situations as workers are asked to stay home and childcare costs are incurred due to school closures.
The text of the email is below:
“We’re here to help. We understand that the rapidly evolving COVID-19 situation poses unique challenges for everyone and some customers may have difficulty making their monthly payments. Apple Card is committed to helping you lead a healthier financial life.
Should you need assistance, please click here to be connected to Apple Card support via Messages and enroll in our Customer Assistance Program, which will allow you to skip your March payment without incurring interest charges.”
This move comes on the heels of Apple’s decision to close all stores outside of China until March 27 and begin urging its corporate employees to work remotely.
While the world continues to adapt to the outbreak, companies are struggling under the onslaught of closed businesses and canceled events. Apple’s decision to allow cardholders to skip a payment without penalty is quite generous and a good move on the part of the massive corporation.
For more on the coronavirus outbreak, see:
- What does the deadly coronavirus mean for travelers?
- Extreme measures cruise lines are taking
- No coronavirus waiver? Some airlines have you more covered than others
- How a global outbreak has left the travel industry reeling
Feature photo by The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.