Edmonton gets first Frankfurt nonstop since 2010 thanks to Condor
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
German leisure carrier Condor is landing in Edmonton next summer as it expands its transatlantic network with additional nonstop routes from Munich.
Condor will offer new service between Frankfurt (FRA) and Edmonton (YEG) two-days-per-week on Mondays and Thursdays, the airline said Tuesday. The airline operates Boeing 767-300ERs on long-haul routes.
The new route is Edmonton’s first to Frankfurt since Air Transat ended the route in 2010, according to Cirium schedule data.
In addition, Condor will expand its long-haul presence in Munich (MUC) with new nonstop service to Halifax (YHZ) in Canada, and Seattle (SEA) next summer. The Halifax flights will operate on Fridays, and the Seattle flights on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.
Condor will return to the 17 cities that it served in the U.S. and Canada last summer in 2020, it said. Excluding the new Edmonton service, destinations — all served from Frankfurt — include:
- Anchorage (ANC)
- Baltimore/Washington (BWI)
- Calgary (YYC)
- Cancun (CUN)
- Fairbanks, Alaska (FAI)
- Las Vegas (LAS)
- Minneapolis/St. Paul (MSP)
- New Orleans (MSY)
- Phoenix (PHX)
- Pittsburgh (PIT)
- Portland, Oregon (PDX)
- San Juan (SJU)
- Toronto (YYZ)
- Vancouver (YVR)
- Whitehorse, Yukon (YXY)
Condor narrowly escaped insolvency earlier this year when its parent Thomas Cook collapsed in September. However, the airline was able to secure bridge funding from German state bank KfW and continue flying.
Featured imaged courtesy of Condor.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees