Edmonton gets first Frankfurt nonstop since 2010 thanks to Condor
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
German leisure carrier Condor is landing in Edmonton next summer as it expands its transatlantic network with additional nonstop routes from Munich.
Condor will offer new service between Frankfurt (FRA) and Edmonton (YEG) two-days-per-week on Mondays and Thursdays, the airline said Tuesday. The airline operates Boeing 767-300ERs on long-haul routes.
The new route is Edmonton’s first to Frankfurt since Air Transat ended the route in 2010, according to Cirium schedule data.
In addition, Condor will expand its long-haul presence in Munich (MUC) with new nonstop service to Halifax (YHZ) in Canada, and Seattle (SEA) next summer. The Halifax flights will operate on Fridays, and the Seattle flights on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.
Condor will return to the 17 cities that it served in the U.S. and Canada last summer in 2020, it said. Excluding the new Edmonton service, destinations — all served from Frankfurt — include:
- Anchorage (ANC)
- Baltimore/Washington (BWI)
- Calgary (YYC)
- Cancun (CUN)
- Fairbanks, Alaska (FAI)
- Las Vegas (LAS)
- Minneapolis/St. Paul (MSP)
- New Orleans (MSY)
- Phoenix (PHX)
- Pittsburgh (PIT)
- Portland, Oregon (PDX)
- San Juan (SJU)
- Toronto (YYZ)
- Vancouver (YVR)
- Whitehorse, Yukon (YXY)
Condor narrowly escaped insolvency earlier this year when its parent Thomas Cook collapsed in September. However, the airline was able to secure bridge funding from German state bank KfW and continue flying.
Featured imaged courtesy of Condor.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.