Edmonton gets first Frankfurt nonstop since 2010 thanks to Condor
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
German leisure carrier Condor is landing in Edmonton next summer as it expands its transatlantic network with additional nonstop routes from Munich.
Condor will offer new service between Frankfurt (FRA) and Edmonton (YEG) two-days-per-week on Mondays and Thursdays, the airline said Tuesday. The airline operates Boeing 767-300ERs on long-haul routes.
The new route is Edmonton’s first to Frankfurt since Air Transat ended the route in 2010, according to Cirium schedule data.
In addition, Condor will expand its long-haul presence in Munich (MUC) with new nonstop service to Halifax (YHZ) in Canada, and Seattle (SEA) next summer. The Halifax flights will operate on Fridays, and the Seattle flights on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.
Condor will return to the 17 cities that it served in the U.S. and Canada last summer in 2020, it said. Excluding the new Edmonton service, destinations — all served from Frankfurt — include:
- Anchorage (ANC)
- Baltimore/Washington (BWI)
- Calgary (YYC)
- Cancun (CUN)
- Fairbanks, Alaska (FAI)
- Las Vegas (LAS)
- Minneapolis/St. Paul (MSP)
- New Orleans (MSY)
- Phoenix (PHX)
- Pittsburgh (PIT)
- Portland, Oregon (PDX)
- San Juan (SJU)
- Toronto (YYZ)
- Vancouver (YVR)
- Whitehorse, Yukon (YXY)
Condor narrowly escaped insolvency earlier this year when its parent Thomas Cook collapsed in September. However, the airline was able to secure bridge funding from German state bank KfW and continue flying.
Featured imaged courtesy of Condor.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: Up to 100,000 bonus miles
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,040
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X miles on United® purchases
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80K bonus miles after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open. Plus, an additional 20K bonus miles after you spend $10,000 in the first 6 months
- $250 Annual Fee
- Earn 3X miles on United® purchases, 2X miles at restaurants, on select streaming services & all other travel, 1X on all other purchases
- Earn 3X miles on United Airlines purchases
- Earn 2X miles at restaurants and on select streaming services
- Earn 2X miles on all other travel
- Earn 1X mile on all other purchases
- Each year, receive a $125 credit on United® purchases and two 5k-mile anniversary award flight credits. Terms apply.