Amid travel benefit cuts, select Citi cards offering new perks
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Citi is a TPG advertising partner
Citi has been going through a major overhaul of its much beloved Citi Prestige® Card, recently eliminating many of the card’s benefits despite its high annual fee. While it may not bring many back to the card, the Citi Prestige is now offering a few new perks, courtesy of its World Elite Mastercard status. These same perks will be extended to any World Elite Mastercard, such as the Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World Elite Mastercard®, in addition to the Citi Prestige.
The information for the Citi Prestige has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
- Get a $10 Lyft credit whenever you take five eligible rides in a calendar month. Valid once per month.
- Get $5 off every $25+ purchase at Postmates (excluding tips, taxes and delivery fees)
- Enroll in Fandango VIP and earn VIP+ points. Earn 500 VIP+ points and redeem for a $5.00 reward toward future movie tickets.
- Free 2-day shipping plus free return shipping on eligible items at over one hundred online retailers with Shoprunner.
Earn 5% Boxed Cash Rewards for future orders on wholesale pantry items, snacks and more.
While it’s nice that the Prestige is gaining some additional features, it would be even nicer if Citi were pushing these out rather than Mastercard. Given the backlash the company has faced since its decision to limit the 4th night free perk and the elimination of its travel protections, any positive moves forward by Citi are highly welcome.
This post has been updated to reflect additional World Elite Mastercards that are offering these perks.
Feature photo by The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees