Amid travel benefit cuts, select Citi cards offering new perks
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Citi is a TPG advertising partner
Citi has been going through a major overhaul of its much beloved Citi Prestige® Card, recently eliminating many of the card’s benefits despite its high annual fee. While it may not bring many back to the card, the Citi Prestige is now offering a few new perks, courtesy of its World Elite Mastercard status. These same perks will be extended to any World Elite Mastercard, such as the Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World Elite Mastercard®, in addition to the Citi Prestige.
The information for the Citi Prestige has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
- Get a $10 Lyft credit whenever you take five eligible rides in a calendar month. Valid once per month.
- Get $5 off every $25+ purchase at Postmates (excluding tips, taxes and delivery fees)
- Enroll in Fandango VIP and earn VIP+ points. Earn 500 VIP+ points and redeem for a $5.00 reward toward future movie tickets.
- Free 2-day shipping plus free return shipping on eligible items at over one hundred online retailers with Shoprunner.
Earn 5% Boxed Cash Rewards for future orders on wholesale pantry items, snacks and more.
While it’s nice that the Prestige is gaining some additional features, it would be even nicer if Citi were pushing these out rather than Mastercard. Given the backlash the company has faced since its decision to limit the 4th night free perk and the elimination of its travel protections, any positive moves forward by Citi are highly welcome.
This post has been updated to reflect additional World Elite Mastercards that are offering these perks.
Feature photo by The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.