Citi offering 10x bonus points for online purchases
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Editor’s note: This post has been updated with the latest credit cards information and benefits. It was originally published on April 4, 2020.
Citi is a TPG advertising partner
While we all may be grounded now, it’s still a great time to earn points toward future travels.
Credit card issuers are aware that consumer spending habits have changed over the past month and thus have been offering more applicable spending incentives. For instance, TPG Executive Editorial Director Scott Mayerowitz received the following email from Citi for his Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World Elite Mastercard®:
Other sources are reporting that they’ve received offers on multiple different Citi cards, including the Citi Rewards+® Card, Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Elite Mastercard®, Citi® ThankYou Preferred card (no longer open to new applicants) and Citi® Dividend Platinum Select® Visa® Card (no longer open to new applicants). The information for the Citi / AAdvantage Platinum Select World Elite Mastercard has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
The offer states that cardholders can earn 10x bonus points (or miles) per $1 spent, up to 2,500 miles on a variety of online purchases including:
- Eligible purchases made at your favorite retailer’s website
- Online grocery orders
- Restaurant delivery orders
- Online drugstore orders (Including prescription orders made online)
With everyone at home and relying on deliveries more than ever, this is a great offer to take advantage of.
If you’re targeted for an offer on an AAdvantage earning card, you could maximize these earnings even further when you go through the AA shopping portal for online purchases. If you weren’t targeted for any of the above offers, here are our top picks for the best credit cards for online shopping:
- Bank of America® Customized Cash Rewards credit card: Best for cash back on online shopping
- Chase Freedom Unlimited: Best for easy rewards
- The Amex EveryDay® Preferred Credit Card from American Express: Best for frequent shoppers
- Chase Freedom: (No longer open to new applicants) Best for rotating 5x points
- American Express® Gold Card: Best for purchase protections
- Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Card: Best for Amazon purchases
- U.S. Bank Cash+ Visa Signature Card: Best for selecting your own bonus category
- Capital One Spark Miles for Business: Best for price protection
- The Platinum Card® from American Express: Best for Saks annual credit (enrollment required)
The information for the Amex EveryDay Preferred card, Chase Freedom, U.S. Bank Cash+ Visa has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Have you received a similar offer on one of your cards? Let us know in the comments.
Additional reporting by Carissa Rawson.
Featured photo by filadendron/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees