Citi offering 10x bonus points for online purchases
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Editor’s note: This post has been updated with the latest credit cards information and benefits. It was originally published on April 4, 2020.
Citi is a TPG advertising partner
While we all may be grounded now, it’s still a great time to earn points toward future travels.
Credit card issuers are aware that consumer spending habits have changed over the past month and thus have been offering more applicable spending incentives. For instance, TPG Executive Editorial Director Scott Mayerowitz received the following email from Citi for his Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World Elite Mastercard®:
Other sources are reporting that they’ve received offers on multiple different Citi cards, including the Citi Rewards+® Card, Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Elite Mastercard®, Citi® ThankYou Preferred card (no longer open to new applicants) and Citi® Dividend Platinum Select® Visa® Card (no longer open to new applicants). The information for the Citi / AAdvantage Platinum Select World Elite Mastercard has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
The offer states that cardholders can earn 10x bonus points (or miles) per $1 spent, up to 2,500 miles on a variety of online purchases including:
- Eligible purchases made at your favorite retailer’s website
- Online grocery orders
- Restaurant delivery orders
- Online drugstore orders (Including prescription orders made online)
With everyone at home and relying on deliveries more than ever, this is a great offer to take advantage of.
If you’re targeted for an offer on an AAdvantage earning card, you could maximize these earnings even further when you go through the AA shopping portal for online purchases. If you weren’t targeted for any of the above offers, here are our top picks for the best credit cards for online shopping:
- Bank of America® Cash Rewards credit card: Best for cash back on online shopping
- Chase Freedom Unlimited: Best for easy rewards
- The Amex EveryDay® Preferred Credit Card from American Express: Best for frequent shoppers
- Chase Freedom: (No longer open to new applicants) Best for rotating 5x points
- American Express® Gold Card: Best for purchase protections
- Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Card: Best for Amazon purchases
- U.S. Bank Cash+ Visa Signature Card: Best for selecting your own bonus category
- Capital One Spark Miles for Business: Best for price protection
- The Platinum Card® from American Express: Best for Saks bonus
The information for the Amex EveryDay Preferred card, Chase Freedom, U.S. Bank Cash+ Visa has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Have you received a similar offer on one of your cards? Let us know in the comments.
Additional reporting by Carissa Rawson.
Featured photo by filadendron/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.