Here’s what Cincinnati airport’s new Escape lounge looks like
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
There’s a new lounge at an airport where lounges were lacking. The Escape Lounge CVG just opened in the Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport, airside in Concourse B, next to Gate B21.
The lounge was originally going to be opened on October 1, but began operating on Thursday. Cincinnati (CVG) also has a Delta SkyClub and a smaller lounge, The Club at CVG; two lounges were clearly not enough for an airport with almost 9 million passengers a year.
Escape Lounges are part of the Global Lounge Collection℠ from American Express, which are open to all travelers. The standard entry fee is $45 plus tax per traveler, while The Platinum Card® from American Express members receive complimentary access for themselves and up to two additional guests at all US locations.
As with all Escape Lounges, guests entering the new CVG location will have access to unlimited quantities of hot and cold foods; premium beverages; plush seating with plenty of power outlets; complimentary high-speed Wi-Fi; up-to-the-second flight information and print media.
Each Escape Lounge features food hand-selected by a local chef. CVG’s culinary curator is Alfio Gulisano, owner and chef of locally celebrated restaurants such as Butcher & Barrel, Ché and Alfio’s Buon Cibo. Unfortunately, this lounge doesn’t offer bathrooms, so patrons will have to step back into the airport to access a restroom.
The Cincinnati Escape Lounge is the brand’s 11th major location. The Escape Lounges are located in Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport (MSP); Oakland International Airport (OAK); Reno-Tahoe International Airport (RNO); Bradley International Airport (BDL); Greenville-Spartanburg International Airport (GSP); Ontario International Airport (ONT) Terminals 2 and 4; T.F. Green Airport (PVD); and Sacramento International Airport (SMF) Terminals A and B. A twelfth location in Phoenix-Sky Harbor (PHX) opening in Fall 2019.
Lounge reservations can be made online at EscapeLounges.com prior to arrival, and will receive a $5 discount.
All images courtesy of Escape Lounges.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees