You can now earn and redeem Choice points at dozens of casino resorts
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Earlier this week, Choice Hotels announced it was entering an alliance with Penn National Gambling, which operates casino resorts across 19 states.
“Teaming up with Penn positions our [Choice Privileges members] to easily book a casino resort directly with Choice while continuing to earn points,” said Robert McDowell, chief commercial officer of Choice Hotels, in a statement accompanying the announcement. “Plus, there are more than 1,500 Choice-branded hotels within an hour’s drive of one of Penn’s casinos, racetracks or sports betting locations.”
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
When the partnership comes online (it’s expected to be implemented in phases), you’ll be able to earn and redeem Choice Privileges points at 22 participating Penn locations in Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Maine, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Nevada, New Mexico and West Virginia.
The Penn properties will become part of Choice’s Ascend Hotel Collection, which the brand considers its upscale portfolio.
You could even use your elite night credits for a free stay (think: a free night at Boomtown New Orleans, River City Casino in St. Louis or L’Auberge Baton Rouge).
You’ll also earn mychoice tier points when you book a stay at a Choice property, and mycash (Penn’s currency) can be redeemed for Choice hotel stays.
Choice Privileges members and mychoice members will also enjoy reciprocal status in both programs. Choice has four tiers of status, while mychoice has five, and it’s not clear at this time how the brands will handle that discrepancy.
And travelers who match their Choice status might discover some unexpected perks of leveling up in the mychoice program, even if you’ve never gambled in your life.
Mid-level Preferred members in the mychoice program and up can enjoy discounts on Norwegian Cruise Line bookings (and even an annual sailing as you achieve higher status), a stay at the St. Kitts Marriott Resort & The Royal Beach Casino and offers for stays at Tropicana and the M Resort Spa Casino in Las Vegas.
Matching your way to top-tier casino status is a popular way to enjoy elite perks even if you only roll the dice once a year. For example, you can match your Hyatt Explorist or Globalist status to MGM M Life Gold — and from there, match to Caesars Diamond.
Featured photo by Matthias Kulka/Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees