Use Chase Ultimate Rewards points to go to the Sundance Film Festival
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
For film fanatics, one of the most exciting events in the industry is just around the corner — the Sundance Film Festival, the largest independent film festival in the U.S.
Passes to the star-studded film fest can run you up to $4,000, but thankfully there’s a points alternative to that. Starting at just 60,000 Ultimate Rewards points, you can get two tickets to the closing night screening, the reception, the award ceremony event, round-trip transportation between the Silver Baron Lodge and the screening venue and two official credentials that gives you access to official venues.
You can rack up 100,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points with the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card sign-up bonus, after spending $4,000 on purchases in the first three months of account opening.
But that’s not all. Chase currently has seven Sundance events posted on their Ultimate Rewards portal. Three are already sold out, but have a waitlist available and the ultimate Sundance points redemption still has yet to come — the Sundance Film Festival Entire Festival package. This package includes:
- 10 tickets
- Two official festival credentials
- Two awards night party tickets
- One festival catalog
If you’re not able to get on the fun this year, be sure to sign-up for the Chase Sapphire Preferred and get your 100,000 bonus points so you can start building your points bank for future Chase Experiences.
Chase Sapphire cardholders will also get access to exclusive parties, priority box office lines, a dining concierge and cardmember-only lounges — all of which are guaranteed to make you feel like a high roller.
If you’re looking for a place to stay on points, check out the St. Regis Deer Valley. This ski-in resort tends to be on the pricier side given it’s amazing location, but you can score an awesome points deal. Last year, TPG’s Summer Hull was able to book a stay for 60,000 Marriott Bonvoy points a night during Sundance.
Stay tuned for more Sundance points opportunities!
Featured photo courtesy of Sundance Film Festival
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees