Use Chase Ultimate Rewards points to go to the Sundance Film Festival
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
For film fanatics, one of the most exciting events in the industry is just around the corner — the Sundance Film Festival, the largest independent film festival in the U.S.
Passes to the star-studded film fest can run you up to $4,000, but thankfully there’s a points alternative to that. Starting at just 60,000 Ultimate Rewards points, you can get two tickets to the closing night screening, the reception, the award ceremony event, round-trip transportation between the Silver Baron Lodge and the screening venue and two official credentials that gives you access to official venues.
You can rack up 60,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points with the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card sign-up bonus, after spending $4,000 on purchases in the first three months of account opening.
But that’s not all. Chase currently has seven Sundance events posted on their Ultimate Rewards portal. Three are already sold out, but have a waitlist available and the ultimate Sundance points redemption still has yet to come — the Sundance Film Festival Entire Festival package. This package includes:
- 10 tickets
- Two official festival credentials
- Two awards night party tickets
- One festival catalog
If you’re not able to get on the fun this year, be sure to sign-up for the Chase Sapphire Preferred and get your 60,000 bonus points so you can start building your points bank for future Chase Experiences.
Chase Sapphire cardholders will also get access to exclusive parties, priority box office lines, a dining concierge and cardmember-only lounges — all of which are guaranteed to make you feel like a high roller.
If you’re looking for a place to stay on points, check out the St. Regis Deer Valley. This ski-in resort tends to be on the pricier side given it’s amazing location, but you can score an awesome points deal. Last year, TPG’s Summer Hull was able to book a stay for 60,000 Marriott Bonvoy points a night during Sundance.
Stay tuned for more Sundance points opportunities!
Featured photo courtesy of Sundance Film Festival
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.