New round of bonuses: Here’s how you can earn up to 10x points with Chase right now
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Editor’s note: This guide has been updated with the latest information.
As vaccine distribution accelerates and more destinations reopen, travel is on the rebound around the world. Regardless of whether you’re on the move yet or not, credit card companies are continuing to entice consumers to keep spending — both at home and on the road.
Last year, Chase was one of the most proactive card issuers to announce temporary card bonuses and benefits as the course of quarantine and pandemic life shifted dramatically.
And as we charge well into 2021, spending on your credit card can still reap plenty of rewards thanks to some temporary and targeted bonus offers. Here are all the ways to earn bonus points with Chase cards that we’re paying attention to right now.
To see if you qualify for additional spending bonuses on a cobranded Chase card, check and register with this link.
Want more credit card news and travel advice from TPG? Sign up for our daily newsletter!
Chase limited-time bonuses, at a glance
|Travel, gas and spending directly with the cobrand partner||Up to 9x bonus||
Link to register (targeted by card)
Promo period: Valid May 15-Aug 15, 2021, on up to $1,500 in combined purchases
|Grocery, gas, restaurant, drugstores, and/or all spending||Up to 5x bonus||
Link to register (targeted by card)
Promo period: Valid April 1-June 30, 2021, on up to $1,500 in combined purchases
|Internet, cable, phone, utilities, insurance||Up to 5x bonus||Select cards, highly targeted||Link to register (targeted)|
|Lyft||Up to 10x bonus||
Chase Sapphire Reserve (10x)
Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (5x)
|No registration necessary
Valid through March 2022.
*List does not include cards no longer open to new applicants. These cards include:
- United Club
- United Mileage Plus
- United Mileage Plus Awards
- United MileagePlus Select
- United Presidential Plus
- Legacy Hyatt card
- IHG Rewards Club Select
The information for the IHG Traveler Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Cobranded Chase cards (targeted)
Select cobranded Chase travel cardholders can earn up to 9x on travel, gas and other spending through Aug. 15, 2021. The latest offers begin on May 15, 2021. Unfortunately, there’s a cap of $1,500 for the entire three-month period.
Check this link to see if your Chase travel card has been targeted.
Earlier in the pandemic, it was possible to earn up to 10x on grocery purchases on select Chase cards (those offers have since expired). Still, these extra earnings we are seeing now are nothing to sneeze at.
Chase Sapphire cards offer
Chase previously announced an extension of categories that trigger the Chase Sapphire Reserve’s $300 annual travel credit. You can use the travel credit on both gas and grocery purchases through the end of 2021.
Additionally, you can use Pay Yourself Back (extended through Sept. 30, 2021) to offset certain everyday purchases, such as groceries, home improvement, and dining. This, at the same increased rate as when you redeem points on travel purchases directly through the Chase Ultimate Rewards Travel Portal.
Lyft: Up to 10x
Chase’s partnership with Lyft isn’t new, but this is a reminder that Chase Sapphire Preferred, Chase Sapphire Reserve, Chase Freedom (no longer open to new applicants), Chase Freedom Flex and Chase Freedom Unlimited (5x) cardholders get the elevated Lyft bonus through at least March 2022.
Additionally, Sapphire Reserve cardholders will get a complimentary year of Lyft Pink membership, which normally costs $19.99/month. This membership gets you 15% off all rides, three free cancellations a month (you must rebook within 15 minutes of canceling), three free bike or scooter rides per month, priority airport pickups and more.
Lyft Pink members also now have access to Grubhub+ and Seamless+ free of charge.
With a number of ways to earn bonuses across certain Chase cards, it is definitely worth a few seconds of your time to check your eligibility and to register.
There are many ways to utilize your travel card, even if you’re not traveling actively right now. By earning extra bonus points on these cards now — especially for everyday purchases — you’ll be well equipped for travel when you’re ready.
Additional reporting by Madison Blancaflor.
Featured photo by Leezel Tanglao/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees