Your Chase card may now qualify for up to a 5x bonus on Amazon
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Editor’s note: This post has been updated with the latest offers.
Since May, we’ve seen dozens of limited-time credit card perks and benefits come and go. As we move into the holiday shopping season, our typical spending habits may look a lot different — and card issuers have taken note.
To encourage spending on select Chase cards, many cardholders have been targeted to receive up to 5x on Amazon purchases and 3x on grocery spending from Nov. 1 through Dec. 31, 2020, up to $1,500 in combined purchases per month. Check here to see if you are one of them.
For the latest credit card and travel advice, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Of course, this is far from Chase’s first foray into pandemic-related perks.
In the last week alone, the issuer has made two major announcements to entice cardholders to keep spending. Chase added a grocery bonus (up to $1,000 per month until April 30, 2021) on the Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card (2x bonus) and Chase Sapphire Reserve® (3x bonus). Additionally, Sapphire cardholders now get a credit towards digital Peloton memberships.
Now, Chase appears to be targeting its cobranded travel cardholders.
Eligible products include both airline and hotel cobranded cards.
Below is a list provided by Chase of the cards eligible. Those targeted should start receiving emails notifying them of the potential spending bonuses, but you can also check here if your Chase card has been targeted.
Cards eligible for 5x on Amazon and groceries (up to $1,500 per month in combined purchases) from Nov. 1, 2020, through Dec. 31, 2020:
- Aer Lingus Visa Signature Card
- British Airways Visa Signature Card
- Iberia Visa Signature Card
- Southwest Rapid Rewards® Plus Credit Card
- Southwest Rapid Rewards® Premier Credit Card
- Southwest Rapid Rewards® Priority Credit Card
- United Club (no longer open to applicants)
- United Club Infinite Card
- United Explorer Card
- United Mileage Plus (no longer open to applicants)
- United Mileage Plus Awards (no longer open to applicants)
- United MileagePlus Select (no longer open to applicants)
- United Presidential Plus (no longer open to applicants)
Cards eligible for 5x on Amazon and 3x groceries (up to $1,500 per month in combined purchases) from Nov. 1, 2020, through Dec. 31, 2020:
- Legacy Hyatt card (no longer open to applications)
- The World of Hyatt Credit Card
- IHG® Rewards Club Premier Credit Card
- IHG Rewards Club Select (no longer open to applications)
- IHG® Rewards Club Traveler Credit Card
Amazon is a particularly lucrative bonus category since these cards would typically only earn 1x point or mile per dollar spent. With a 5x bonus — and holiday shopping around the corner — this can quickly add up your points balance (up to $1,500 per month).
Another round of limited-time bonuses have arrived for select Chase cardholders — it is certainly worth a few seconds of your time to check if you’ve been targeted.
If your travel card isn’t being fully utilized right now, that doesn’t mean it’s completely useless. By earning extra bonus points on these cards now — especially for holiday shopping purchases — you’ll be well equipped for travel when the time comes.
Featured photo by Leon Neal/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 2 points per $1 on Southwest and Rapid Rewards car and hotel purchases and 1 point per $1 on all other purchases. This card also comes with an annual $75 travel credit.
- Earn 40,000 points after you spend $1,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open.
- 7,500 bonus points after your Cardmember anniversary each year.
- $75 Southwest® travel credit each year.
- 4 Upgraded Boardings per year when available.
- 20% back on in-flight drinks and WiFi.
- 2 points per $1 spent on Southwest® purchases and Rapid Rewards® hotel and car rental partner purchases.
- 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases and your points never expire.
- No foreign transaction fees.