Earn 10% back with JetBlue, 5% back with Alaska Airlines through targeted Chase Offers
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
In November 2018, Chase launched Chase Offers — a program which provides cardholders with targeted offers to earn bonus points or cash back for making purchases with a particular merchant. This is similar to the Amex Offers program, and we’ve seen some solid discounts with hotel stays and on United flights over the past year.
As of Monday, we’re seeing a pair of offers on some cards that could reduce your flight costs for your next trip. If you have a card like the Chase Sapphire Reserve or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card in your wallet, you’ll want to log in to your account and see if you’ve been targeted.
First is an offer for 10% back on JetBlue flights, valid for purchases made through Jan. 19, 2020. You must spend $80 or more to trigger the offer, and the discount is capped at $37 — or a total flight price of $370. Just note that, like all Chase Offers, this is a one-time discount, so if you need to book more than one JetBlue flight over the next few weeks, be sure to add this to your card and book the trip that will maximize the discount.
As is typical with these offers, you must book directly with JetBlue, either online or through the carrier’s app. Purchases with third-party travel sites will almost certainly prevent you from enjoying the discount.
In addition, we’re also seeing a 5% offer for Alaska Airlines flights. This one expires on Jan. 15, 2020, and it applies on purchases of $50 or more and is subject to a maximum discount of $15 (so a $300 flight would result in the maximum cash back). Like the JetBlue offer, you must make the purchase directly with Alaska, and it specifically excludes gift cards, in-flight purchases, and Alaska Lounge purchases. It also doesn’t apply when you buy Alaska miles.
Both of these offers appeared on my Chase Sapphire Reserve, which would be a great option for airfare purchases without these offers thanks to the 3x points you’d earn on travel purchases and the additional protection you’d enjoy — like trip delay and trip cancellation/interruption coverage. However, Chase may be targeting different types of cards based on your spending profile, so make sure to check all of your cards for this offer.
RELATED: Maximize your wallet with this perfect quartet of Chase cards.
In addition to the JetBlue and Alaska offers detailed above, I’m currently seeing the following travel-related offers on my Sapphire Reserve:
- 5% back at HotelTonight (expires Dec. 31)
- 5% back at IHG Hotels (expires Dec. 31)
- 10% back at Marriott hotels (expires Dec. 31)
For more details, check out our guide to Chase Offers.
Featured photo by Alberto Riva / The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees