This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
In November 2018, Chase launched Chase Offers — a program which provides cardholders with targeted offers to earn bonus points or cash back for making purchases with a particular merchant. Although there are dozens of offers at any given time, we want to highlight when there’s a particularly good travel offer you might want to check out.
Today, we are seeing an offer on some cards for 10% cash back on an Alaska Airlines purchases made now through Sept. 20, 2019. The offer is only valid on a single purchase, so if you’re planning to book multiple trips in the next 30 days, you’ll want to choose your first purchase wisely.
In order to trigger this offer, you’ll need to spend at least $50 between the time you register and the Sept. 20 deadline. This offer is capped at a maximum of $31 cash back, so you won’t get any additional benefit when spending more than $310.
The fine print clarifies that you must make your ticket purchase directly with Alaska to qualify for the promotion. The offer isn’t valid on “Alaska Lounge airport lounge purchases, purchases made with Mileage Plan points, gift card purchases, or in-flight purchases.”
I’m only seeing this offer loaded on one of my seven personal Chase cards — my Chase Sapphire Reserve. However, Chase may be targeting different types of cards based on your spending profile, so make sure to check all of your cards for this offer.
Although Chase Offers were initially only available through the Chase app, you can now check if you’re targeted for this offer and/or check your Chase Offers online. Although it’s not an easy URL to remember, you can try this link to pull up your current offers.
Among the restaurant offers, I’m currently seeing the following travel-related Chase Offers on at least one of my Chase cards:
- 10% cash back on Best Western (found on my Chase Sapphire Reserve)
- 5% cash back on Airbnb (found on my Chase Sapphire Reserve and Chase Freedom Unlimited)
For more details, check out our guide to Chase Offers.
Featured photo by Johnnyw3/Wikipedia
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees