Earn 10% back with JetBlue, 5% back with Alaska Airlines through targeted Chase Offers
In November 2018, Chase launched Chase Offers — a program which provides cardholders with targeted offers to earn bonus points or cash back for making purchases with a particular merchant. This is similar to the Amex Offers program, and we’ve seen some solid discounts with hotel stays and on United flights over the past year.
As of Monday, we’re seeing a pair of offers on some cards that could reduce your flight costs for your next trip. If you have a card like the Chase Sapphire Reserve or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card in your wallet, you’ll want to log in to your account and see if you’ve been targeted.
First is an offer for 10% back on JetBlue flights, valid for purchases made through Jan. 19, 2020. You must spend $80 or more to trigger the offer, and the discount is capped at $37 — or a total flight price of $370. Just note that, like all Chase Offers, this is a one-time discount, so if you need to book more than one JetBlue flight over the next few weeks, be sure to add this to your card and book the trip that will maximize the discount.
As is typical with these offers, you must book directly with JetBlue, either online or through the carrier’s app. Purchases with third-party travel sites will almost certainly prevent you from enjoying the discount.
In addition, we’re also seeing a 5% offer for Alaska Airlines flights. This one expires on Jan. 15, 2020, and it applies on purchases of $50 or more and is subject to a maximum discount of $15 (so a $300 flight would result in the maximum cash back). Like the JetBlue offer, you must make the purchase directly with Alaska, and it specifically excludes gift cards, in-flight purchases, and Alaska Lounge purchases. It also doesn’t apply when you buy Alaska miles.
Both of these offers appeared on my Chase Sapphire Reserve, which would be a great option for airfare purchases without these offers thanks to the 3x points you’d earn on travel purchases and the additional protection you’d enjoy — like trip delay and trip cancellation/interruption coverage. However, Chase may be targeting different types of cards based on your spending profile, so make sure to check all of your cards for this offer.
RELATED: Maximize your wallet with this perfect quartet of Chase cards.
In addition to the JetBlue and Alaska offers detailed above, I’m currently seeing the following travel-related offers on my Sapphire Reserve:
- 5% back at HotelTonight (expires Dec. 31)
- 5% back at IHG Hotels (expires Dec. 31)
- 10% back at Marriott hotels (expires Dec. 31)
For more details, check out our guide to Chase Offers.
Featured photo by Alberto Riva / The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.