Charleston Airport Finally Gets a Lounge
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Charleston, South Carolina, is a quickly growing airport serving the very popular South Carolina Lowcountry areas. It’s also where Boeing put the second assembly line for the 787 Dreamliner, helping guarantee a steady influx of business traffic. CHS is already the busiest airpoort in the state, and the county aviation authority forecasts a doubling of traffic to 8 million passengers a year by 2028. But until now, there was no lounge to serve all those passengers. That changes on Wednesday.
The long-anticipated Club CHS is scheduled to have a grand opening on July 31, according to the @iflyCHS Twitter team. The Club CHS will be the first passenger lounge for the airport, filling a much needed void for premium-cabin travelers on the new British Airways seasonal service to London as well as regular CHS travelers. Best of all, it is a Priority Pass lounge.
The Club will be 3,400 square feet and have 83 seats for passengers. It is located on the second floor of the central hall area, and will feature a bar, still under construction and opening at a later date, that will overlook the central hall food and beverage area. The Charleston Post and Courier reports that for now, visitors will be served drinks from a temporary portable stand set up behind the scenes. Entrance to the second-level club is between retail shops Eddie Bauer and Tech on the Go.
The Club will be accessible for free to Priority Pass members as well as premium-cabin passengers on the British Airways flight to London. Day passes will be available for $40 per person. Susan Cauthen, director of construction project management for the Airport Lounge Development, said passengers with AAA memberships will get a discount on the day passes.
My parents live 20 minutes from the airport and I visit several times per year. I’m anxiously awaiting to see how crowded the lounge is on a regular basis. The Club CHS is an excellent addition to the Charleston airport experience, which has recently completed a comprehensive renovation of both passenger terminals and public spaces.
Featured photo by JT Genter/TPG
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees