Capital One Launches Free Business Credit Reports
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Capital One just announced a new service to help business owners better understand their credit report. The bank has launched a tool called Business Creditwise that offers companies free access to their business credit profiles.
Similar to Capital One’s consumer credit tool Creditwise, this website allows business owners to see different aspects of their credit report — including details of payment history, credit usage and public records that may affect a businesses’ credit score.
Capital One conducted a survey that revealed less than half of business owners have ever seen their business credit report. Its Business Creditwise tool is one of just a few that offers the service for free. Creditwise does not provide a business credit score, unlike other programs that provide complimentary personal scores, like banks themselves or third-party services such as Quizzle; instead it provides a business credit profile.
Capital One said Business Creditwise will provide the access to the following information:
- Unlimited access to your business credit report, sourced real-time from LexisNexisⓇ Risk Solutions, with no impact to your business credit
- A comprehensive view of key factors that impact business credit under four pillars: Business Details, Payments, Credit Usage and Public Records
- A guide to interpret your business credit report the same way lenders do with helpful, educational tips
- The ability to find and fix inaccuracies for free, with no hidden fees, by submitting disputes to LexisNexis Risk Solutions
After logging in to Business Creditwise, you’ll see a slick dashboard that displays all your businesses’ data. You can click on each feature for more detailed information.
It’s nice to see Capital One adding more tools that will help business owners and those with small-business credit cards. TPG Director of Special Projects Julian Kheel was able to quickly pull up his sole proprietorship business (which only requires a Social Security number) in Business Creditwise. Since personal and business credit scores are separate and calculated in different ways, it’s worth checking out Business Creditwise or similar tools that’ll reveal your business’ credit profile — that way you can correct any mistakes or make sure there’s no fraudulent activity on your accounts.
Capital One has a handful of business credit cards, including the cash-back earning Capital One Spark Cash Select for Business and the Capital One Spark Miles for Business, which now earns transferrable miles.
The information for the Capital One Spark Cash Select has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Read more on business credit:
- What Happens If You Put Personal Expenses on a Business Credit Card?
- Which Business Credit Cards Could Affect Your Personal Credit?
- 5 Steps to Build Your Business Credit
- The Best Business Credit Cards of 2019
Featured image by Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees