Capital One Expands Access to Exclusive Dining Experiences
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Dining has become a top spending category for many Americans, and credit card issuers have taken note. Aside from competing to offer the greatest rewards, issuers have been differentiating themselves by investing in more unique dining-focused benefits. An example of this is Capital One — in January, it rolled out access to exclusive restaurant reservations through Resy for all card holders.
Now, Capital One has announced yet another dining-focused partnership, this time with the highly acclaimed James Beard Foundation. With this first-of-its-kind partnership, all Capital One card holders will get exclusive access to events ranging from gala dinners to cocktail parties, featuring all-star chefs from around the world. The partnership is kicking off with advanced access to the 2019-2020 Taste America series, but will expand to James Beard’s other programs, such as the James Beard House, JBF Greens: Foodies Under Forty and the James Beard Awards.
Card holders can purchase tickets to the first four events in the Taste America series before they become available to the public from today through Monday, June 10 at 8:59am EST. The first four events available for exclusive Capital One pre-sale are:
- New York City — July 24: Taste America Kick-Off at Tribeca 360
- Miami — July 31: Pop-Up Dinner at Le Sirenuse Miami with chefs Tony Mantuano and Soraya Kilgore
- Phoenix — September 19 & 20: Raising the Bar at Young’s Market Company (Sep. 19) and Gala Dinner at the Royal Palms Resort with chefs Tiffany Derry and Danielle Leoni (Sep. 20)
Additional Capital One cardholder-only pre-sales will be announced later this summer for future 2019 stops of the Taste America series, including cities across the US like Portland, Chicago, Philadelphia and Denver. Card holders will also have the opportunity to purchase a Capital One Access Pass that allows them to take advantage of special experiences like behind-the-scenes tours and special menu items.
It’s great to see Capital One adding yet another benefit to its products, and making it open to all card members, as opposed to just the food-focused Capital One Savor Cash Rewards Credit Card. If you don’t have already have a Capital One credit card, check out our guide on the best Capital One credit cards, which include:
- Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card — Earn 60,000 miles after spending $3,000 on purchases within the first three months of account opening.
- Capital One VentureOne Rewards Credit Card — Earn 20,000 miles after you spend $500 in the first 3 months of account opening.
- Capital One Spark Miles for Business — Earn up to 200,000 bonus miles; 50,000 bonus miles when you spend $5,000 in the first 3 months and earn 150,000 bonus miles when you spend $50,000 in the first 6 months of your account opening.
- Capital One Spark Cash for Business — Earn up to $2,000 in cash bonuses; $500 cash bonus when you spend $5,000 in the first 3 months and earn $1,500 when you spend $50,000 in the first 6 months of your account opening.
- Capital One Savor Cash Rewards Credit Card — $300 cash bonus after you spend $3,000 in the first 3 months of account opening.
The information for the Capital One Savor Cash Rewards Credit Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Featured image by Klaus Vedfelt / Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!