Capital One Adds Exclusive Restaurant Reservations as New Card Holder Benefit
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – Capital One® Quicksilver® Rewards Credit Card, Capital One® Savor® Cash Rewards Credit Card,Capital One® Spark® Miles for Business, Capital One® Spark® Cash for Business, Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card, Capital One® VentureOne® Rewards Credit Card
Capital One is known for its unique partnerships that bring savings to its card holders — it’s offered discounts on Spotify Premium for those with the Capital One Quicksilver Rewards Credit Card, and the new Capital One Savor Cash Rewards Credit Card waives delivery fees on Postmates orders. The information for the Capital One Savor Cash Rewards Credit Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Capital One has announced an expansion of its partnerships, this time with the restaurant reservation service Resy. Starting today, Capital One card holders will have access to exclusive restaurant reservations at a handful of popular restaurants in Austin, New York and Washington, D.C., all on the busiest nights of the week.
From Feb. 1 to July 31, those eligible can book exclusive tables for two on popular nights at the following restaurants:
- Austin: Kemuri Tatsu-ya, Odd Duck, Pitchfork Pretty and She’s Not Here
- New York City: Charlie Bird, Frankies 457, Legacy Records, Loring Place, Pasquale Jones and Quality
Eats (two locations)
- Washington DC: A Rake’s Progress, All Purpose (two locations), Masseria and Red Hen
Capital One tells TPG that the restaurants will hold two tables exclusively for its card holders on those weekend nights. While it’s not a whole lot of space, it can definitely help you get a guaranteed spot at one of these trendy eateries and forgo a long wait at the front of the house on a busy Friday night.
Restaurant Week fanatics can rejoice too — Capital One card holders will have advanced access to Off-Menu Week reservations in major cities across the US. Never heard of of Off-Menu week? Neither have we, but Capital One describes it as something similar to the famed Restaurant Week (sans the prix fixe menus):
“For one week only, iconic eateries and neighborhood mainstays in six of the country’s best dining cities are skipping the prix fixe format in lieu of experimenting with creative new dishes, special ingredients and off-menu hits.”
Capital One card holders will be able to book up tables for the special events up to 72 hours before the general public.
The schedules for Off-Menu Week and advanced access to reservations are as follows:
- Los Angeles Restaurant Week: Monday, Feb. 25, 2019 to Sunday, March 3, 2019
- Reservations live for Capital One card holders 1/24/19, reservations live to public 1/28/18
- Washington DC Restaurant Week: Monday, April 8, 2019 to Sunday, April 14 2019
- Reservations live for Capital One card holders 3/7/19, reservations live to public 3/11/19
- San Francisco Restaurant Week: Monday, June 17, 2019 to Sunday, June 23, 2019
- Reservations live for Capital One card holders 5/16/19, reservations live to public 5/20/19
- New York City Restaurant Week: Monday, Sept. 16, 2019 to Sunday, Sept. 22, 2019
- Reservations live for Capital One card holders 8/15/19, reservations live to public 8/19/19
- Chicago Restaurant Week: Monday, Oct. 21, 2019 to Sunday, Oct. 27, 2019
- Reservations live for Capital One card holders 9/19/19, reservations live to public 9/23/19
- Austin Restaurant Week: Monday, Dec. 9, 2019 to Sunday, Dec. 15, 2019
- Reservations live for Capital One card holders 11/7/19, reservations live to public 11/11/19
If you don’t have already have a Capital One credit, check out our guide on the best Capital One credit cards, which include:
- Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card — Earn 50,000 miles after spending $3,000 in the first 3 months.
- Capital One® VentureOne® Rewards Credit Card — Earn 20,000 miles after you spend $1,000 in the first 3 months.
- Capital One® Spark® Miles for Business — Earn up to 200,000 bonus miles; 50,000 bonus miles when you spend $5,000 in the first 3 months and earn 150,000 bonus miles when you spend $50,000 in the first 6 months of your account opening.
- Capital One® Spark® Cash for Business — Earn up to $2,000 in cash bonuses; $500 cash bonus when you spend $5,000 in the first 3 months and earn $1,500 when you spend $50,000 in the first 6 months of your account opening.
- Capital One® Savor® Cash Rewards Credit Card — $300 cash bonus after you spend $3,000 in the first 3 months
While it might not be the most groundbreaking or money-saving perk, it’s still great to see Capital One adding more benefits to its products, especially since this is open to all of its card members. It’s just another cherry on top of its newly revamped program for miles-earning cards, which recently saw the addition of 15 airline transfer partners.
Featured image courtesy of Getty Images / Gpoointstudio.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.