Cape Air Adds Year-Round Connections to New York JFK
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Cape Air is expanding its service to New York JFK with new year-round connections to Martha’s Vineyard and Nantucket.
The regional carrier will offer one daily flight each to Martha’s Vineyard (MVY) and Nantucket (ACK) in Massachusetts from JFK beginning Sept. 16, Cape Air announced this week. The Nantucket flight will continue on to Hyannis (HYA) on Cape Cod, offering passengers a one-stop service from New York.
“Our initial JFK service proved to be a valuable way for our island communities to easily access Metropolitan New York during off peak season, but the demand for more was there,” said Linda Markham, president of Cape Air, referring to the seasonal service to JFK from Nantucket that it debuted last winter.
Cape Air will continue to operate from Terminal 5 at JFK, facilitating connections with codeshare partner JetBlue Airways. It operates nine-passenger Cessna 402s that offer travelers the unique opportunity to sit in the right co-pilot’s seat.
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by Ned Russell (@airbus777) on
Cape Air also has partnerships with other major carriers, including American Airlines and United Airlines.
JetBlue serves Hyannis, Martha’s Vineyard and Nantucket from JFK seasonally during the summer, according to Diio by Cirium schedules. No other airlines serve any of the three destinations from JFK.
In addition, Cape Air will continue to serve White Plains (HPN) north of New York from Hyannis, Martha’s Vineyard, Nantucket and Provincetown (PVC) on a seasonal basis, Diio schedules show.
Cape Air also a new route from its base at Boston Logan (BOS). Beginning Sept. 16, the airline will begin service from the airport to Portland (PWM) in Maine. Cape Air will offer four daily flights on Cessna aircraft.
No scheduled carrier has served the Boston-Portland route since Delta Air Lines ended flights in 2005, according to Diio schedules.
The new routes come as Cape Air prepares to debut its first all-new aircraft, the Tecnam P2012 Traveller, this fall. It accepted the first two of 100 aircraft earlier in July.
Featured image by Edward Russell/TPG.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees