Buckingham Palace Will Open a Leonardo da Vinci Themed Escape Room This Summer
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
You know how the saying goes: When the queen’s away, random civilians are invited into Buckingham Palace to play.
Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II is leaving her royal quarters in London for the summer. Traditionally, when the queen is not in Buckingham Palace, the space is opened for a small number of ticketed tours. This summer, though, the Palace is upping the ante and turning The Queen’s Gallery, an art exhibition space dedicated to displaying works from the Royal Collection Trust, into a Leonardo da Vinci themed escape room.
That’s right — it’s finally time to bring out your inner Sherlock Holmes.
INSIDER reported that the escape room is da Vinci themed to coincide with the “Leonardo da Vinci: A Life in Drawing” exhibition currently on display in the gallery. The exhibition features 200 of da Vinci’s original drawings to honor the 500th anniversary of his death.
The escape room experience will move through four rooms with various puzzles and riddles, all to solve the case of the missing museum curator. According to the official Royal Collection Trust’s website, you don’t need to have extensive knowledge of da Vinci to beat the escape room. However, you will need to utilize your best “careful observation and detective work to beat the clock.” It’ll cost £150.00 per team, which can consist of between four to eight participants.
The “ESCAPE ROOM: LEONARDO ARTMERGENCY” will only be open on Fridays and Saturdays from June 14 to Oct. 5. Purchase your ticket here.
Featured image by Maui01 via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees