British Airways Sends the Boeing 767 Into Retirement
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
British Airways marked the end of an era after the airline officially retired the Boeing 767. The Boeing widebody aircraft had served the airline for more than three decades.
The Boeing 767 first entered British Airways’ fleet in 1990. British Airways selected the Boeing 767 over Airbus’ similar A300 aircraft. The airline took delivery of 28 Boeing 767-300ERs throughout its operational history. The Boeing 767 flew a variety of routes throughout Europe, the Middle East, Africa and North America and served as quite a versatile aircraft for the airline.
On shorter intra-European routes, British Airways has replaced the Boeing 767, with the Airbus A321 while on longer flights the Boeing 787 serves some former Boeing 767 routes.
The final Boeing 767 flights for British Airways were flight BA662 from London-Heathrow (LHR) to Larnaca (LCA) and BA663 returning to London. BA662 departed for Larnaca at 12:21pm local time, while BA663 departed at 8:00pm local time. Both flights were operated by the aircraft with the tail number G-BZHA, a 20-year-old Boeing 767-300ER.
While the Boeing 767-300ER has officially left the fleet, British Airways is slated to receive a new aircraft, the Airbus A321NEO, later this year.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.