British Airways bringing new Club Suite to Los Angeles from October
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
British Airways will feature its acclaimed new Club Suite business class seats on flights between London (LHR) and Los Angeles (LAX) from October.
As first reported by Traveling For Miles, the route will see the new product four times per week from October 25, 2020 on the BA 280/281 flight as follows:
- BA281 London (LHR) 12:40 p.m. Departure ⇒ Los Angeles (LAX) 5:05 p.m. Arrival (Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays & Saturdays)
- BA280 Los Angeles (LAX) 7:25 p.m. Departure ⇒ London (LHR) 12:40 p.m. Arrival (+1) (Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays & Saturdays).
Seat maps for this service are showing a 1-2-1 reverse herringbone layout in business class, indicating the new Club Suite product. This represents a huge upgrade over the previous, higher density 2-4-2 Club World layout many BA travelers have been tolerating for years. The flight will be operated by a Boeing 777-200 aircraft – you can read our full review of Club Suite on this aircraft type here.
The service complements the daily BA268/269 flight between the two cities which in October is scheduled to be once again operated by the airline’s largest aircraft, the Airbus A380. This however, remains highly subject to change given the uncertainty surrounding both COVID-19 demand for the double decker aircraft, and travel bans on British passport holders entering the United States.
Using SeatSpy, our favorite way of quickly checking BA award availability, there’s business class award seats available virtually every day from October for months onwards. A hollow green circle in the image below means at least one off-peak business class seat, the solid green circle means at least one peak business class seat. You’ll need 62,500 Avios each way, per person off-peak, rising to 75,000 Avios for a peak date, plus fees, taxes and surcharges.
These available seats will be split the two different flight numbers – ensure you look for the BA280/281 flights from October 25 for the new seat.
Featured image by Ben Smithson / The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.