British Airways bringing new Club Suite to Los Angeles from October
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
British Airways will feature its acclaimed new Club Suite business class seats on flights between London (LHR) and Los Angeles (LAX) from October.
As first reported by Traveling For Miles, the route will see the new product four times per week from October 25, 2020 on the BA 280/281 flight as follows:
- BA281 London (LHR) 12:40 p.m. Departure ⇒ Los Angeles (LAX) 5:05 p.m. Arrival (Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays & Saturdays)
- BA280 Los Angeles (LAX) 7:25 p.m. Departure ⇒ London (LHR) 12:40 p.m. Arrival (+1) (Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays & Saturdays).
Seat maps for this service are showing a 1-2-1 reverse herringbone layout in business class, indicating the new Club Suite product. This represents a huge upgrade over the previous, higher density 2-4-2 Club World layout many BA travelers have been tolerating for years. The flight will be operated by a Boeing 777-200 aircraft – you can read our full review of Club Suite on this aircraft type here.
The service complements the daily BA268/269 flight between the two cities which in October is scheduled to be once again operated by the airline’s largest aircraft, the Airbus A380. This however, remains highly subject to change given the uncertainty surrounding both COVID-19 demand for the double decker aircraft, and travel bans on British passport holders entering the United States.
Using SeatSpy, our favorite way of quickly checking BA award availability, there’s business class award seats available virtually every day from October for months onwards. A hollow green circle in the image below means at least one off-peak business class seat, the solid green circle means at least one peak business class seat. You’ll need 62,500 Avios each way, per person off-peak, rising to 75,000 Avios for a peak date, plus fees, taxes and surcharges.
These available seats will be split the two different flight numbers – ensure you look for the BA280/281 flights from October 25 for the new seat.
Featured image by Ben Smithson / The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees