Bread and Breakfast: This carb-themed hotel will put you in a food coma
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Just five days after “National Quitters Day” comes a similar holiday, “National Ditch Your Resolutions Day.”
To celebrate, Hotels.com is making the decision to jump off the dieting ship just a little sweeter with a “Bread and Breakfast”-themed hotel room.
The room is a carb-lovers’ dreamland, with edible delicacies in every corner. It’s essentially the exact opposite of the Resolution Suites that we covered last week. Just take a look at the photos:
On top of the already provided in-room sweets, guests will be given a $100 credit to use towards room service. The room service menu sticks to to the theme and offers plenty of carb-loaded options such as a burger sandwiched between a brioche bun, margherita pizza and of course, breakfast in bed –because what’s a “bread and breakfast” without that?
For those who just knead to stay here, set your alarms for 9 a.m. EST on Friday, Jan. 17, when bookings go live. The food-filled room is at New York City’s Refinery Hotel and will run you $225 a night. This one-of-a-kind stay will only be bookable between Jan. 17 and Jan. 31.
The Refinery Hotel unfortunately does not have a points-bookable option. If you’d like to stay here — whether it involves carb overload or not — you can snag a studio queen from $179 a night as soon as this Friday. Don’t forget to activate your Rakuten rewards before doing so, because Hotels.com bookings are eligible for 4% cash back. That’s a return of about $7 on this booking.
Since there’s no loyalty program tied to the Refinery Hotel, using the right travel rewards card is even more important. Here are a few card recommendation to maximize your stay:
- Chase Sapphire Reserve: 3x per dollar on travel purchases
- American Express® Green Card: 3x per dollar on travel purchases. Terms apply.
- Chase Sapphire Preferred Card: 2x per dollar on travel purchases
The information for the Amex Green Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
If you’ve got points to burn (and are gluten-free), don’t worry — there are plenty of points-bookable hotels throughout New York City. To help get you started, we’ve put together a list of nine of our favorite points-friendly places to stay in the Big Apple, ranging from budget to luxe.
And if you’re looking to carb load elsewhere, there’s no shortage of restaurants in NYC to choose from. TPG’s resident foodie, Samantha Rosen suggests Carbone for those looking for some world-class Italian food:
“Italian food doesn’t get much better than Carbone. It’s one of the best restaurants in New York, if not the world. In short: If you like to eat, you need to get here, ASAP. Reservations are essential, and you’ll really have to be on top of your game to get one, but it’s all going to pay off the second you bite into the spicy rigatoni.”
And that’s just one stop on our list of the best restaurants in New York City.
Featured photo courtesy of Hotels.com.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees