Here’s where you can find the best snack basket in the sky
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
I’m always excited about snacks on an airplane. There’s nothing quite like munching on your favorite foods at 30,000 feet while staring outside the window.
Free name-brand snacks is one of the big reasons I like flying with JetBlue. Delta also does a great job with the selection for Comfort+ passengers. And even the smallest changes to the food selection — like United’s new snack basket — catch my eye. But what I was served on a recent flight from Denver to Telluride will go down in history as the best snack basket in the sky.
I was flying an airline I’d never heard of before — Denver Air Connection — and didn’t really know what to expect. A full review of my experience with the airline is coming soon, but one of my biggest takeaways was that I must return for the snacks.
You see, on its website, Denver Air Connection promises the following:
That’s very vague, so I couldn’t wait to put it to the test. About midway through the hour-long flight, the sole flight attendant passed through the aisle to take drink orders. Things started off quite well when full cans and bottles of drinks were served.
After drinks were served, she then passed through the aisle with two snack baskets. And my jaw dropped when she got to my seat. I quite literally felt like a kid in a candy store.
The flight attendant definitely noticed my excitement and immediately exclaimed that they’re all free and instructed me to take as many as I wanted.
If the picture isn’t clear, there were tons of full-sized, name-brand chips, pretzels, bars, candy and more.
I had a long day ahead of me, so I took a few of my favorites.
Sadly, the flight was too short for the flight attendant to make another pass through with the basket. Before long, we landed in Telluride and I bid farewell to one of my new favorite airlines.
When I finished my last Starburst later that night, I paused and remembered the best snack basket in the sky.
All photos by the author.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees