Belgium has dropped almost all of its COVID-19 restrictions
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Belgium has become the latest European nation to ease coronavirus-related travel restrictions.
Not only have authorities lifted a ban on nonessential travelers from outside the European Union, but they have made it so visitors to the EU’s administrative heartland will no longer be subject to any entry restrictions, such as passenger locator forms, proof of vaccination or negative tests.
Get the latest points, miles and travel news by signing up for TPG’s free daily newsletter.
However, Belgian Prime Minister Alexander De Croo warned of one crucial exception to the rule: people from any country harboring a “variant of concern.”
“This does not apply to travelers coming from a country with a new variant of concern,” he said in a press release. “For them, the current rules continue to apply.”
In addition to the travel rules, Belgium has also lifted all face mask requirements in public spaces, except in hospitals, doctor’s offices and pharmacies.
A number of other countries across Europe have recently reopened to travelers, including the United Kingdom, Austria, Greece, Switzerland, Bulgaria, Croatia, Lithuania, Sweden, Serbia, Slovenia and Slovakia.
Belgium’s news comes a day after Spain eased travel restrictions for U.K. vacationers. The country now allows unvaccinated visitors to enter as long as they can provide a negative PCR or antigen test upon arrival.
Featured photo courtesy of Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees