British Airways reopening 2 Heathrow lounges on Saturday
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
As flights begin to resume, so, too, will the airport experience. Around the world, the airport experience is gradually returning to normal — including with British Airways at London Heathrow.
Beginning July 4, British Airways will reopen its First and Arrivals lounges at London Heathrow Terminal 5. The airline said in a statement that its other lounges will continue to reopen across its network throughout July and early August as flights gradually increase.
Until all of BA’s lounges are open, any customer who is eligible for lounge access will be able to use the First lounge on departure in T5. This applies to those traveling in Club World, as well as those with status.
Notably, First passengers will have their own area of the lounge. The terrace area in the First lounge will be converted to a “Concorde Terrace”, available only to First passengers and those with a Concorde Room Card.
When the lounges reopen, BA will begin trialling a new, reduced contact entry method. The airline will use automatic contactless lounge entry screens, which will enable eligible passengers to scan their own boarding pass when entering the lounge. The move will decrease any unnecessary contact with lounge attendants.
“Upon entry, customers will be provided with a card to place on their seat when the[y] leave, allowing cleaners to thoroughly sanitize the seating area after each use”, British Airways said in a statement. “Throughout the lounge customers will also find a number of sanitization stations and safe distance markers”.
The airline said that the bathroom and shower facilities will be cleaned after each use.
Food service will change as well. Rather than a traditional buffet-style food selection, passengers will be able to order their food and drink selection online. Once ordered, their selection will be brought directly to them at their seat.
Since the peak of the pandemic, British Airways has consolidated all of its London operations to Heathrow Airport. Furthermore, all of its Heathrow operations have been consolidated from Terminal 3 and Terminal 5 to just Terminal 5.
Featured photo by Daniel Ross/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees