Azul Adds Another New Brazilian Route from Florida
US travelers will soon have a new nonstop link to Brazil.
That will come Dec. 16, when Brazilian carrier Azul begins flying between Fort Lauderdale (FLL) and the Brazilian city of Belo Horizonte (CNF). Azul will offer three flights a week (Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays) on Airbus A330 widebody jets.
The new Fort Lauderdale-Belo Horizonte route continues Azul’s steady expansion in the US.
From Fort Lauderdale, Belo Horizonte will become Azul’s fourth destination. The airline already flies from FLL to the Brazilian cities of Belém (BEL), São Paulo/Campinas (VCP) and Recife (REC).
From Belo Horizonte, Fort Lauderdale will give Azul its second US destination, joining Orlando (MCO).
Azul has codeshare pacts with both JetBlue and United and suggested its new FLL-Belo Horizonte flights would be timed to allow for connections. In a statement, Azul said “customers can connect in Fort Lauderdale to Brazil via our interline and codeshare partners in the US,” though it did not specifically mention either JetBlue or United.
For travelers heading elsewhere in Brazil, Azul says passengers will be able to connect to more than 35 of Azul’s other destinations via Belo Horizonte.
Belo Horizonte sits in the southern half of Brazil, about 300 miles north of Rio de Janeiro.
Featured image courtesy of Airbus.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.