Avianca LifeMiles website completely down at the moment
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
TPG reader Jacob M. wrote in saying that the site has been down for him for three days, with no way to make, modify or even view reservations. A commenter in the TPG Lounge said he was having similar issues.
To verify, we headed over to the LifeMiles website to see for ourselves. We didn’t get very far:
Unlike Aeroplan, the landing page for the site won’t even load, leaving us completely unable to access our balances or — like Jacob noted — book a flight. Creative maneuvering via the Avianca website didn’t work either, with different links to various points of the LifeMiles website also timing out.
A phone call to LifeMiles customer service resulted in a clearly exasperated employee informing us that the website and systems were indeed down, and that he had no access to booking information and that he also didn’t have an idea of when the website would be live again.
Though there’s been less outcry about this than Air Canada’s recent Aeroplan issues, this situation might actually be worse. With little information why and no end in sight, it’s not looking good for fans of this rather niche (but valuable) program.
TPG has reached out to Avianca for more information and will update this post with any updates.
Feature photo courtesy of Avianca.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.