Avianca LifeMiles website completely down at the moment
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
TPG reader Jacob M. wrote in saying that the site has been down for him for three days, with no way to make, modify or even view reservations. A commenter in the TPG Lounge said he was having similar issues.
To verify, we headed over to the LifeMiles website to see for ourselves. We didn’t get very far:
Unlike Aeroplan, the landing page for the site won’t even load, leaving us completely unable to access our balances or — like Jacob noted — book a flight. Creative maneuvering via the Avianca website didn’t work either, with different links to various points of the LifeMiles website also timing out.
A phone call to LifeMiles customer service resulted in a clearly exasperated employee informing us that the website and systems were indeed down, and that he had no access to booking information and that he also didn’t have an idea of when the website would be live again.
Though there’s been less outcry about this than Air Canada’s recent Aeroplan issues, this situation might actually be worse. With little information why and no end in sight, it’s not looking good for fans of this rather niche (but valuable) program.
TPG has reached out to Avianca for more information and will update this post with any updates.
Feature photo courtesy of Avianca.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees