AtlasGlobal resumes operations after month-long halt
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
After ceasing all flights last month due to financial difficulties, Turkey’s AtlasGlobal has resumed regular operations as originally planned.
The airline took the drastic step of grounding all of its fleet on 26 November 2019, but indicated at the time that it would resume operations on 21 December 2019, allowing time to restructure and improve its cashflow. While for some airlines a temporary grounding is the first public sign of an airline collapsing, as seen with Star Alliance member Adria Airways recently, AtlasGlobal stayed true to its word. Flights on the popular London Stansted (STN) to Istanbul (IST) route resumed over the weekend in time for the busy holiday travel period.
The airline’s website is now accepting new flight bookings after shutting down for the four-week period completely. The only reference to previously cancelled flights is that all flights during that period are ‘on hold’. If you held a booking on the airline during the period of 26 November to 21 December and you were not contacted by the airline, you should now contact it to discuss options for refunds or rebooking. If you made a booking on AtlasGlobal for travel in 2020 before 26 November 2019, you should also check the status of your booking, as the airline may not operate exactly the same schedule as prior to the shutdown.
AtlasGlobal has blamed several factors for its financial position including decreased demand for tourism in Turkey following political unrest, and increased costs of operating from the new, state-of-the-art Istanbul Airport.
Featured photo by JACK GUEZ/AFP via Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.