Arapahoe Basin reopens to skiers this week. Here’s what you need to know.
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Skiers, rejoice: The 2020 ski season isn’t entirely canceled yet.
Here’s what you need to know:
- No reservation, no access: A limited number of skiers are admitted each day, and you will not be permitted without a pre-booked reservation with a valid pass, or a pre-purchased day ticket. Reservations can be made online only, beginning at 7 p.m. 36 hours before the intended ski day, distributed on a first come, first served basis.
- Printed reservations and passes must be shown upon arrival; only people with a reservation will be allowed on the property.
- Reservations are contingent on agreeing to Arapahoe Basin’s COVID-19 policies and expectations, with absolutely no refunds or rain checks given.
- Tailgating is strictly prohibited.
- Staff will strictly enforce all state, county and company mandates without exception.
- Face coverings are required any time you cannot maintain six feet of social distance outdoors and in designated areas.
- Arapahoe Basin reserves the right to banish any patron who doesn’t adhere to all of the guidelines laid out by the resort, in conjunction with state and county health authorities.
- Please stay home if you are sick or are considered high risk.
- Arapahoe Basin is not a beginner-friendly experience. Experienced skiers and riders should expect spring conditions.
- Please only book if you intend to come. Reservations are limited; do not take a space from someone else if you won’t be skiing or riding.
Perhaps just as important, pass holder reservations are free for skiers with any of the following:
- Arapahoe Basin 2019-20 pass (including full-season, Double-Down, military, senior, youth, child, midweek, and multiday passes such as Elevation and Any-Day)
- 2019-20 Ikon, Ikon Base and Mountain Collective Passes with remaining A-Basin days
- Unredeemed A-Basin exchange days on either the 2019-20 Taos Ski Valley or Monarch Mountain passes
This is good news for Ikon passholders. Ikon was the initial leader in ski pass credit announcements, with an introductory price extension sale to May 27. Current season passholders get a discount, up to $200, on next season’s pass purchases (double the normal renewal discount). Ikon also stated you’ll be able to put the value of a purchased (but unused) 2020 to 2021 season pass into the purchase of a 2021 to 2022 pass with no added fees. To defer the value, you’ll need to make that decision by Dec. 10, 2020.
In mid-March, several Colorado ski towns were already unwitting coronavirus hot spots. Shortly thereafter, an abrupt shutdown meant many people with annual ski passes lost out on a significant amount of spring skiing.
Featured photo by Shutterstock
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees