Arapahoe Basin reopens to skiers this week. Here’s what you need to know.
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Skiers, rejoice: The 2020 ski season isn’t entirely canceled yet.
Here’s what you need to know:
- No reservation, no access: A limited number of skiers are admitted each day, and you will not be permitted without a pre-booked reservation with a valid pass, or a pre-purchased day ticket. Reservations can be made online only, beginning at 7 p.m. 36 hours before the intended ski day, distributed on a first come, first served basis.
- Printed reservations and passes must be shown upon arrival; only people with a reservation will be allowed on the property.
- Reservations are contingent on agreeing to Arapahoe Basin’s COVID-19 policies and expectations, with absolutely no refunds or rain checks given.
- Tailgating is strictly prohibited.
- Staff will strictly enforce all state, county and company mandates without exception.
- Face coverings are required any time you cannot maintain six feet of social distance outdoors and in designated areas.
- Arapahoe Basin reserves the right to banish any patron who doesn’t adhere to all of the guidelines laid out by the resort, in conjunction with state and county health authorities.
- Please stay home if you are sick or are considered high risk.
- Arapahoe Basin is not a beginner-friendly experience. Experienced skiers and riders should expect spring conditions.
- Please only book if you intend to come. Reservations are limited; do not take a space from someone else if you won’t be skiing or riding.
Perhaps just as important, pass holder reservations are free for skiers with any of the following:
- Arapahoe Basin 2019-20 pass (including full-season, Double-Down, military, senior, youth, child, midweek, and multiday passes such as Elevation and Any-Day)
- 2019-20 Ikon, Ikon Base and Mountain Collective Passes with remaining A-Basin days
- Unredeemed A-Basin exchange days on either the 2019-20 Taos Ski Valley or Monarch Mountain passes
This is good news for Ikon passholders. Ikon was the initial leader in ski pass credit announcements, with an introductory price extension sale to May 27. Current season passholders get a discount, up to $200, on next season’s pass purchases (double the normal renewal discount). Ikon also stated you’ll be able to put the value of a purchased (but unused) 2020 to 2021 season pass into the purchase of a 2021 to 2022 pass with no added fees. To defer the value, you’ll need to make that decision by Dec. 10, 2020.
In mid-March, several Colorado ski towns were already unwitting coronavirus hot spots. Shortly thereafter, an abrupt shutdown meant many people with annual ski passes lost out on a significant amount of spring skiing.
Featured photo by Shutterstock
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.