Apple Card now offering more categories with 3% cash back
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The Apple Card launched in 2019, and, since then, Apple has taken steps to boost rewards, adding merchants that offer 3% cash back — or “Daily Cash,” as the company calls it.
First, Uber and Walgreens (including Duane Reade stores) joined purchases at Apple‘s own stores as the first third-party 3% merchants, followed by T-Mobile, Nike, Exxon Mobil and now Panera, as the first restaurant chain.
You’ll need to pay via Apple Pay at participating merchants to earn the 3% cash back, while purchases made with Apple can be completed through traditional methods like swiping your Apple Card.
With these new merchants factored in, here’s how the Apple Card stacks up to some other no annual fee cards:
|Card Name||Best For||Cash-Back Overview||Intro APR period||Foreign-Transaction Fees||Sign-Up Bonus|
|Apple Card||Apple purchases, simplicity||3% (purchases made directly with Apple, Uber, Walgreens and Duane Reade, T-Mobile, Nike, Exxon Mobil, Panera)
2% (all Apple Pay purchases)
1% (everything else)
|None (10.99% to 21.99% variable APR from open)||None||None|
|Citi® Double Cash Card||Everyday spending||2% (all purchases; 1% when you buy and 1% as you pay)||0% APR for 18-months on balance transfers made within the first four months of account opening (then 13.99% – 23.99% variable APR applies)||3%||None|
|Capital One SavorOne Cash Rewards Credit Card||Dining entertainment, streaming services, and at grocery stores||3% cash back on dining, entertainment, popular streaming services and at grocery stores (excluding superstores like Walmart® and Target®), plus 1% on all other purchases||0% APR for 15 months on purchases (then a 15.49% – 25.49% variable APR applies)||None||$200 one-time bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening|
Additional reporting by Liz Hund
Featured photo by Wyatt Smith/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees