Apple Card now offering more categories with 3% cash back
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The Apple Card launched in 2019, and, since then, Apple has taken steps to boost rewards, adding merchants that offer 3% cash back — or “Daily Cash,” as the company calls it.
First, Uber and Walgreens (including Duane Reade stores) joined purchases at Apple‘s own stores as the first third-party 3% merchants, followed by T-Mobile, Nike, Exxon Mobil and now Panera, as the first restaurant chain.
You’ll need to pay via Apple Pay at participating merchants to earn the 3% cash back, while purchases made with Apple can be completed through traditional methods like swiping your Apple Card.
With these new merchants factored in, here’s how the Apple Card stacks up to some other no annual fee cards:
|Card Name||Best For||Cash-Back Overview||Intro APR period||Foreign-Transaction Fees||Sign-Up Bonus|
|Apple Card||Apple purchases, simplicity||3% (purchases made directly with Apple, Uber, Walgreens and Duane Reade, T-Mobile, Nike, Exxon Mobil, Panera)
2% (all Apple Pay purchases)
1% (everything else)
|None (10.99% to 21.99% variable APR from open)||None||None|
|Citi® Double Cash Card||Everyday spending||2% (all purchases; 1% when you buy and 1% as you pay)||0% APR for 18-months on balance transfers made within the first four months of account opening (then 13.99% – 23.99% variable APR applies)||3%||None|
|Capital One® SavorOne® Cash Rewards Credit Card||Dining and entertainment||3% (dining and entertainment)
2% (back at grocery stores)
1% (everything else)
|0% APR for 15 months on purchases (then a 15.49% – 25.49% variable APR applies)||None||$200 one-time bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening|
Additional reporting by Liz Hund
Featured photo by Wyatt Smith/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.